Home Contests & Challenges Archives Team Fortress 2

Jiggle bone help?

I have been working on a re work of an old item, and trying to learn jiggle bones for it, I have gone everywhere over tutorials and self testing. Between the crazy tutorials, the words I need to look up (and then look up the words in the definition of said word) and having to find work around due to lack of proper programs; I have just reached a point where I realize one very important thing; I cannot do this on my own.

So I am looking to you guys, the community if anyone has interest in helping me in this endeavor andhelp me finish my item, I would be forever grateful. All this job would entail is making the tails on my coat jiggle similarly to the medic's coat tails. You will get full credit, and a nice % of any money from the item. User's who already have Tax information with Valve filled out are preferred.

Here is the item I wish to jigglify; http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=400082107

If interested leave a message here, or on my steam account http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048998739

Replies

• ryuga_knight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Problem fixed no need, though hit anyone knows how to stop the jiggled parts from clipping the engineer's legs that would be a great help.
  • MaccyF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    use some of these parameters under your jiggle bone in your qc:

angle_constraint [angle]
    (Specify the maximum angular deflection allowed, creating a conical boundary the jiggle bone cannot penetrate)
    yaw_constraint [min max]
    (Specify the minimum and maximum angular deflection allowed along the local yaw rotational axis. Angular values should not exceed +/- 90 degrees.)
    pitch_constraint [min max]
    (Specify the minimum and maximum angular deflection allowed along the local pitch rotational axis. Angular values should not exceed +/- 90 degrees)
    Your QC should be similar to this:

$jigglebone "Floppy" {
    is_rigid {
    tip_mass 100
    length 20
    angle_constraint 60
    }
    }

That should restict movement to a 60 degree cone shape, play around with the angle to fine tune the radius