Home General Discussion

What to put up in Artstation? Roadmap to success?

I spend a year in Game Art and Design courses (mostly basic/intro classes) and have to stop due to health issues. I made an Artstation account, a digital sketchbook thread like others suggested, and will just continue doing free/paid tutorials and practice to improve my current skills/knowledge

My question is,
-what should I should I focus on putting up on my Artstation page? I currently just have recent school project in there right now.
-My goal is to become a character artist, how much time should I spend doing 2D work (anatomy/poses) vs actually sculpting
-Should I just focus on high poly sculpt for the meantime or spend time to make a low poly model complete with texture before moving to another character? What's the level of importance for Character Artist? (i.e. anatomy, low poly model, texturing, rendering..etc etc). I am really inspired by artist like Mathiue Aerni, Alessandro Baldasseroni, Rafael Grassetti, Darcy Korch and Frank Tzeng
-Spending half of my life in the military, having a "structured" learning path might be more beneficial for me instead of just winging it. Anybody have any suggestion on where to start or what work for them, learning on their own?

Replies