Home Technical Talk

[Maya] Wrist JNT Broken (IK/FK Blend related)

high dynamic range
Offline / Send Message
Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
Trying to troubleshoot a wrist JNT issue.

ClFGXbk.jpg

On both IK and FK ctrls, the wrist acts like that, even though the weighting seems fine.

Breaking connections on the Wrist Joint and re-Parent Constraining the Controls to the Joint makes it seem to work fine, but I lose the IK/FK blend.

This rig was creeated using the DNS AutoRigger from Creative Crash.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to jimmy, or how to fix this error?

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bump.

I'm personally still looking into it. If anyone wants the .ma file to look at, I can provide that as well.
  • aharmlesspie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't have maya at home, so I can't diagnose the issue directly, but I can tell you how it looks to me. I looks like your bind joint for the wrist isn't properly parented to the ik/fk wrist joints, but the fingers were successfully parented. Check your wrist bind joint to see what contraints are on it. Sorry if I missed the mark or if I'm saying something you already know :)
  • Biomag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biomag sublime tool
    Does it snap after changing states? In that case you could check the node regarding the blend between the two constraints. Set it to shortest instead of average. Fixed all snapping issues I had when blending between 2 constraints through out my rig.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Further troubleshooting, taking in arharmlesspie's and Biomag's suggestions:

Observations:
    1) Switching Interp Type AFTER I move the joint with either IK or FK control "restes" and fixes the hand.

2) Hitting "Update" on the 'Parent Constraint Offset Targets" resets and fixes the hand.

Further fidgeting in the attributes window has not yilded any new solutions.

Any further suggestions from anyone?

I can provide the .ma file if that helps

oArdpwU.jpg