Home Technical Talk

Zbrush - Fixing or Replacing Geometry help please?

Hi all,

I've just recently started using Zbrush and have hit a bit of a brick wall. I've got some dodgy Geometry that I just want to basically delete and fill in the gap or flatten down so that the artifacts don't exist any more.

pQjCeeV.jpg

The only suggestions I can find on the net are to export out to say Maya, delete and fill in the holes and then re-import. Surely there's an easier way than that?

Thanks for the help,

Craig

Replies

• Ktonne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    they look like floating goemetry to me- if that's the case you could autogroup the mesh- this should give you the main sculpt as one group and the floating stuff as another
    then you can just make seperate subtools for the groups leaving you with one subtool for the sculpt and a couple for the floating stuff- you can delete the floating stuff seperately or collapse down and delete all in one go
    if they're holes i guess you could just smush the sides of the holes together then dynamesh and resculpt back to the needed form
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Try creating some auto polygroups to see if those vertices are connected to the main mesh. If they aren't connected then they will become new polygroups, which would be easy enough to visually isolate the part of the mesh you want to keep.From there you could use the geometry subpallete to delete hidden geometry.