Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for Nuclear Winter

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Auldbenkenobi polycounter lvl 11
Hey everyone,

New Project I'm starting today, I've been on and off doing some contract work and doing small props/speedsculpts in between, so I think It's about time I jump into another Environment.

With all the excitement about Fallout 4 I've had this idea brewing in my head for a while. What I'm aiming for, is an NCR military outpost, on the road toward New Vegas.

Some (stupidly) quick moods of what I'm thinking/aiming for:

9uMXE3P.jpg
uGx9sfm.jpg
s3e12AX.jpg

Moodboards are something I like to get done super quick so I can jump in and starting building stuff. I hate it when I spend too much time, scrounging for images. Bad practice, I know, and something I need to break the habit with.

Anyway, here's my blockout, built in Max and pulled into UE4:

I8GD8Ma.jpg

I'd like to have New Vegas in the distance, with mountain ranges beyond that, with some nice desert foliage surrounding the area. Lighting, I haven't considered yet, but I like the idea of a midday scene, with the Sun baking down on top of the Outpost.

Ideas are more than welcome at this point, since it's early stages and I don't think crits have much to go on yet (except perhaps my pre-production habits, haha) so, yeah, shoot 'em at me!

Replies