Home Technical Talk

Morph Export Issue 3DsMax

Wintersun
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Wintersun polycounter lvl 12
Hello there.
I've encountered a problem, I modeled a mesh and the modifier stack is like this right now :
Skin
Turbosmooth
Morpher
Editable Poly

I created the morph targets and it's working fine in 3dsMax. but when I try to export it I get the error that the vertex count differs from source and morph target. I checked and the count is not different, I have not exported and imported anything everything has been done in 3dsMax.
Even I tried to copy my current skinned mesh, delete the skin and turbosmooth and created a new morph and added to my original. It works again in 3dsMax but the error still shows up when I try to export.
Any luck?
Thank you.

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Which exporter are you using and what is it going into? FBX? OBJ? Most of them interact with the modifiers in different ways depending on their settings. Some will break the geometry along smoothing groups or UV seams which doubles the vert count along those breaks. Others will re-number the verts hosing morph targets too.
  • poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    Id imagine the issue is with turbosmooth coming after the morpher - the exporter will see the vert count of your main mesh as different from the morph targets.

Easiest solution would be to turbosmooth the morph targets and put the morpher after turbosmooth