Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Props and Environment stuffs [UE4]

LlamaRider
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
LlamaRider polycounter lvl 8
After few weeks of planing I finally started making actual content for my game project with a codename "Forged".
The room you can see on the screens is in the Orphanage and it's used as the starting location of whole story.
upload_7_26_2015_at_4_23_17_PM.png
upload_7_26_2015_at_4_28_22_PM.png
upload_7_26_2015_at_4_35_02_PM.png
At the moment this place lacks some more props such as books and plants and finished candles :)
Besides this room I also worked a little on some exterior stuffies, screenshots are from Quixel 3DO.
cJOXGYF.jpg
Generic semi-stylized grass
3aqagB4.jpg
Cracked stone surface, I'm thinking about adding some lava between rocks later.
CRUDWb4.jpg
And another seamless texture, very recyclable.

C&C are very welcome :)

Replies

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    I really like the styling!
    Not sure about the light rays comming through the windows, they should be straight I think.

Keep it going.
  • clinington
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    clinington polycounter lvl 10
    Really nice, my only crit would be that the exposed brick on the walls looks quite uniform.
  • lloydj14
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lloydj14 polycounter lvl 6
    Liking it overall but for me the wood beams don't seem to match the bricks/plaster in terms of age/wear
  • LlamaRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you guys! The art style is a little struggle for me right now. Because I want this project to be a little bigger than just a generic mobile game, I need to develop some habits during the creation process to make my life easier and art nicer :).

@Kanga I can take a look how it will look with straight light rays, or even better I can remake the lighting and add some cool lights and shadows... let's get back to lighting tutorials :D

@Clinington No problem, maybe a simple color variation will make a difference if no... i will need to go a little bit deeper into the diffuse map.

@lloydj14 These beams were the first models I made for this location, before deciding to step deeper into sculpting in zBrush and more realistic texturing. Remake the beams added to the To-Do list.

I'm gonna post some updates soon (maybe(very maybe(srsly very very maybe)) some exterior shots ^^) !
  • clinington
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LlamaRider wrote: »

@Clinington No problem, maybe a simple color variation will make a difference if no... i will need to go a little bit deeper into the diffuse map.

Sorry, I mean the amount that it is exposed on each section of wall is very uniform, if that makes sense? You have the same plaster on brick used next to each other a lot and it makes it look a little repetitive. I think a couple of variations would help to break it up.
  • LlamaRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah of course :) I'm gonna use this texture somewhere else and change it to the material with vertex paint mask.
  • clinington
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • EpicBeardMan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EpicBeardMan polycounter lvl 8
    My main complaint is the blury wood texture (mainly on the table). May I ask what resolution is the texture?
    Everything else is on point. I also like those godrays through the window. Nice work so far.

Cheers!