Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Drone Walker Mech

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
rexus polycounter lvl 16
I been working on finally getting a portfolio together. This is the high poly for the model C&C welcome.

screenshot018.png

screenshot013.png

screenshot020.png

screenshot016.png

screenshot017.png

Replies

• Marshkin
    Offline / Send Message
    Marshkin polycounter lvl 9
    Very detailed! One thing you may want to tweak is how clean all of your edges are (tho this can be done just via textures as well).
    A little asymmetry as a little bit of natural wear and tear might help sell it a bit more.

Loving it so far, I'm looking forward to seeing it textured up if you decide to do that next!
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    that looks pretty damn cool, are you able to angle the legs more like a spider?
  • evilplantosavetheworld
    Offline / Send Message
    evilplantosavetheworld polycounter lvl 8
    That's pretty awesome, like Ged, I think it a more spider-y leg angle would be awesome. Also I can't help but feel like something's off with the cannon, the body of the drone looks so detailed, while the barrel is almost plain. Although there's nothing wrong with that, there are plenty of turreted vehicles with barrels that are plain so clearly it's more of a personal choice sort of thing, I think that a muzzle break or something like that at the end would look good.
  • jamesman82
    to build on evilplantosavetheworld's comment, i think part of the issue with the cannon is that the turret body behind it is so short and the barrel is so long. it sort of feels like this thing would tip over. i'd love to see this thing feel heavier in the back, like they had to counter-balance this big, honking gun with a sizable power supply, or something.

of course, if you took the narrower portion of the barrel off at the end and just left the portion before that, i think the problem would solve itself.
  • rexus
    Offline / Send Message
    rexus polycounter lvl 16
    thanks you guys to answers all of the questions
    1.The edges will be textured and sculpted if needed.
    2. The stance for the legs are straight for rigging, it will stand like a spider when i rig it.
    thanks again guy for the support and I like the ideas that were given and ill give them a try.
  • rexus
    Offline / Send Message
    rexus polycounter lvl 16
    I've been working overtime at work, I don't have much time to upload or work on my art but I'm determined to get a portfolio out so here is an updated version with most of the tweaks done.
    C&C is welcome and thanks for the support.

screenshot021.png

screenshot022.jpg
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I like it :) nice big chunky shapes!
  • rexus
    Offline / Send Message
    rexus polycounter lvl 16
    screenshot004.jpg

screenshot005.jpg

working a job all the time got some time of so here is the low poly finished so on to uvs and texturing