Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

TUK TUK TUK TUK

hi all, just started making a tuk tuk for my portfolio.
Here's the progress so far I'm modelling in Maya and planning on using Substance. I'm still unsure of how many textures it will need, I am incredibly excited to UV...

WV0URUb.jpg

kPWZFmW.jpg

Replies

• skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    great model to choose
  • Coppero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here's the final bake for the model, it's at 4k polys

ITzSvmr.jpg

the low poly wireframe

RWVFnuQ.jpg

and the high poly model

kTtodck.jpg

I'm unsure as to whether its better to have the textures on two 2k texture maps or one 4k texture map, they are on two 2k at the moment. Any thoughts or feedback on this would be helpful!
  • nastobi123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nastobi123 polycounter lvl 8
    Id make the windshield bigger, the wheel and the battery as well. Gotta watch them proportions, otherwise it looks cool
  • Coppero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the advice, I altered the windshield you were quite right it did need to be bigger
    HvJrsgc.jpg

i've also been working on the texturing recently and adding in the basic colours and markings, going to try and tell a story with the markings like wron away at the edges where the driver gets in and out all the time, scratches where the boots hit the side of the pedals where he may ahve slammed down on the acceleration or brakes to hard etc.

KQhg6qf.jpg

AMWMMc8.jpg

XunyTuw.jpg
  • Zinco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zinco polycounter lvl 3
    ah this is looking wicked! :D Can't wait to see if finished, keep posting!
  • Coppero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    below are some images of what i want the dashboard and seating section of the tuk tuk to look like: very dusty and dirty but well used, so there needs to be some evidence of use in that there will be sections where the dust is wiped away etc. Going to add more discolouration with yellows and browns to break up the block paint colours.

FTibR2e.jpg

7b2CXit.jpg

CNEziqR.jpg