Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

RawBot

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Holi polycounter lvl 12
handscandance.com_coucoutoiOH-HI.png

Hi guys, I finally decided to put this thread toghether instead of flooding the waywo thread.

So, a quick introdution;
Rawbot is a boardgame project Im working on it with my friend Frederic Genet. We are working on the gameplay side of the project since 3 years now, and we felt that our gameplay is stable enough to start some serious work on the graphic design.

you will find more infos (at least more pictures) on our facebook page or on our website. Its all in frech yeah, and wi did put just enough effort on it to show our stuff quickly, so dont be afraid of the actual quality :).

Anyway, I recently had the opportunity to work on a full 3D scene and an animated character related to this project.
And here is the result in video:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STpBRvIF9J4[/ame]

It took me around a month for all of this, and if you want more info about it, you will find a blog post about my process here

Thanks for your read, I'll try to keep this trhead alive.

Replies

• kanga
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Looks great!
    You did that in 1 month wow. I like the animations and the level. The only thing I miss is the face of the little robot is the least cute thing in the whole level. For me the painted face doesnt really do it. I know the bot is supposed to be raw but I miss modeled in eyes. Just personal preference.

Cheerio
  • Holi
    Offline / Send Message
    Holi polycounter lvl 12
    thanks for the comment cheerio, I hope to convince you in the future with more bots and story. :)
  • lotet
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    man I loved this project since the first gif over at WAYWO. the texturing on the environment looks great, but I think the bot is kinda meh. first of its melting into the Background by using the same colors, secondly its really noisy with all that rough paint, you cant really see the design. the bot looked the best when it was just a basic uniform red paint imao.
  • Holi
    Offline / Send Message
    Holi polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks for the kind words lotet!
    I completely agree with you on the "color melting". Since it was the very last thing I did in this month, I quickly tried some other colors (as you can see on 0:38) and I realy don't know why I finally chooses the one I chooses. To me, in regard of the others, he had more story, and I loved that?
  • Holi
    Offline / Send Message
    Holi polycounter lvl 12
    Allright!, some pictures from this week brussels game festival:
    RawBot-1024x683.jpg

IMG_20150816_132421316-1024x575.jpg

And yeah! another 3d print of the model! This is a high quality print in a propre scale (around 32 mm hight) with all the details I wanted.

MinibombPrintComparaison-1024x768.png

Thx modelium3d.com for the great work!
  • dannyjones
    Looks really cool. I especially enjoyed the animation in UE4. Both the run and the idle have a fun personality to them. Good work!

The only critique I was going to give was maybe in your robot's movement Blend Space, you could slightly increase the "Target Weight Interpolation Speed Per Second" setting. That should let him slightly ramp in and out of his run animation, so that he doesn't "pop" between animations quite so abruptly.
  • Holi
    Offline / Send Message
    Holi polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks for your feedback dannyjones!