Home Technical Talk

Zbrush - Troubleshooting: Project All is only affecting geo

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Redczech polycounter lvl 8
Hey all, I hope to find some insight into this issue.

I'm attempting to project geo & polypaint info onto an imported low poly game mesh (uv'd, watertight and subdivided to the appropriate polycount prior to projecting).

Once the projection complete I'm only left with the geo changes but no polypaint info is transferred. I've never encountered this issue before.

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Two immediate things that come to mind:
    • Is polypaint turned on prior to the projection?
    • does the new (lowpoly) mesh have a current texture map applied (this wont interfere with the projection, but it would temporarily override the display of the polypaint until it is turned off).
  • Redczech
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If by 'polypaint enabled' you mean "rgb", then yep it's on.

Usually I'd hit new texture>create from polypaint after the projection, but for troubleshooting purposes I created a blank texture beforehand to no effect.

I've also tried to create polypaint from texture (the high has a texture applied) then project all without success :<
  • Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    Polypaint data can be toggled on and off by clicking the little paint brush icon next to each sub tool. If it's off it may not be transferred with a Project All.
  • Redczech
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the ideas all. I figured it out. It turns out the texture on the high was applied via a texture map, so I had to 'create polypaint from texture' before projecting.