Home Contests & Challenges Archives Reallusion Game Character Animation Contest

Dethroned Empress-iClone Contest 2015 RGCA-One Minute Movie- Best Use of Iclone- Jtec

Dethroned Empress-iClone Contest 2015 RGCA-One Minute Movie- Best Use of Iclone- Jtechy

Making movies is a new art form to me... But Iclone held my hand from start to finish. Express Helena, Constentine's fearless mother now has a voice.

This movie will be entirely made within Iclone...utilizing content from the Iclone store, like the big bundle Daz warrior, and the actors dressed in Big Boss's medieval pack clothes.

Enjoy a short peak into one of the livelier sides of history!!

Jtechy

Ps
Progress pics to follow soon

Replies

• Jtechy
    By drag/dropping avatars of standard Iclone characters, then applying pre-made (aging) faces from 3d party content sellers, it was pretty easy to get started with my story. I did make sure to save the changes by exporting them to 3Dechamge 6. I was happy with how easy that was. Just a quick push of a button and I had my "new" character safely tucked away for later in my content folder. Yay...now on to the story. I will be using a lot of mocap for animating. I like pre-made as well... But, my characters need more movements than I want to buy...or even know to buy beforehand. Mocap. Is for me.

Did I attach photos correctly? Let me try again....
  • Jtechy
    I expect to have this short peak at history DONE within a few diligent hours! I did storyboard my ideas in the usual (old-fashioned) way. Yep. Paper method....not sure if Iclone could do that too... But I bet animation master 2 would be great for quick "storyboarding"
  • Jtechy
    I wish the pic would upload for this as proof of concept but.... I needed a boat for the beginning scene, but didn't have time to search .... Or so I thought... Did you know that Iclone 6 has a spot to search through your conent by NAME? Yep. Just above all your content folders... Just type and hit enter. Found my boat in under a minute using this method!!
  • Jtechy
    Directional light was quick to add via menu, creat, light, then apply to an object.

In a similar way I added a few camera angles. Menu, create, add camera, "pick parent" (right menu that comes up) click on the object you wish it to follow.
  • Jtechy
  • Jtechy
    I am on Reallusion content store, double checking I have all the items I need for my movie set.... Pretty easy to switch back and forth... Esp in 3DExchange6
  • Jtechy
    With time running out on this contest, the content store was a BIG help... Not only as a memory jogger, but for the missing links in my story... Ok. Back to work :)
  • Jtechy
    My Empress had nose issues that were not at all befitting to a noble.... Good thing it is easy to edit a nose.... I did some nose "flattening" and "curving" by clicking on my actor, and tapping "facial features" ...and option found on the panel on the right. Wahoooo. Done in under a minute
  • Jtechy
    Different eyes on my avatar....totatally possible...I just push my little export to 3dechange button and click on the avatar eye I want to detail... Then play around with the texture map until I get it right. Cha ching....gotta love this toolset
  • Jtechy
    Remember to push "apply to Iclone" in 3dechange 6! Or save the avatar to your content library...or both! :)
  • Jtechy
    Still a bit confused on how to RECORD camera angles that I have set up....
  • Jtechy
    Cameras ...easy as pie when you know how! I'll work on it in future... But basically, line up your shot, go to "create", add a new camera...go to your trusty right hand tool bar...and pick a parent (the object it attaches to), a target (what the camera looks at) or just tell the avatar to LOOK AT the camera which is super helpful!... Change them up...and just push the space bar to seal the deal. Gotcha, you scene!
  • Jtechy
    The proof will be in the "pudding"...but I have learned sooooo much just trying out for this contest.....I'm not usually a quick study.....so it must be that Iclone 6 is as simple to use as they say!!
  • Jtechy
    Behold ...movie magic coming soon.... With the help of some advanced text to speech (and odd spelling) :D. Good luck, everyone!
  • Jtechy
    well, this "newbie" has done it.... my video is done and being sent.....ahhh the nerves! but i have to say... iclone is awesome!....i cant wait for my next try at storytelling