Home General Discussion

Guy walks into DE, I hate peoople that little bit more today

Replies

• Tekoppar
    Offline / Send Message
    Tekoppar polycounter lvl 10
    If said store was closed off from the public, if said stores employees helped you get in and carry the wares, ate food with you. Then yes I would partly blame the store and it's employees.
  • aesir
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    stop feeding the troll.
  • Joshflighter
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshflighter polycounter lvl 9
    Tekoppar wrote: »
    If said store was closed off from the public, if said stores employees helped you get in and carry the wares, ate food with you. Then yes I would partly blame the store and it's employees.

I would say it's part the studio, but more the impersonator and the employee who let him in. No one else. Not the people who fed him, or the people who were friendly.

It's not like we can have security walking around through the studio scanning badges every day. This issue has to be dealt with at the door, from the start.

The policy should be that each employee shuts the door behind them. If more then one employee enters, each should scan, and the person who was first to open the door, must make sure they all do as such. If not he/she bares responsibility, as he/she opened the door first.

OR just put a receptionist at the front, and have people scan the badges to get past him/her. I saw this at a studio I was interviewed at recently, that will eliminate anyone trying to sneak in.

Either way, shit happens. That's life.
  • LMP
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    I don't know how many other studios have them, but, my last job had turnstiles that we would have to scan through after we got inside any of the office entrance doors (there were emergency exits without turnstiles, but you can't go in those doors).
  • sziada
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    bit crazy makes you think if its already happened but its just gone under the radar 0_0
  • GarageBay9
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    WarrenM wrote: »
    By this logic, if a store doesn't have a security guard on staff and I shoplift from them, the store is partly at fault? You're blaming the victim. I shouldn't be stealing shit, THAT'S the real issue. Whether the store makes it easy for me or not is irrelevant.

The guy is a creepy tresspassing douchebag, but using your example, stores have (or should have) insurance and possibly security for the exact same reason zebras have stripes for camouflage: you can tell a lion it's a douchebag all day, and you can be right, but it will still try to eat you because it's a damn lion.

There's a point at which telling somebody "don't do that, it's wrong" isn't a sufficient defense from them causing harm, because they willfully ignore everything but their own desires, ethical and legal or not.
  • WarrenM
    I know tearing apart analogies is an Olympic sport on the internet, but the gist of what I said is correct IMO. Theft from a store isn't the store's fault. It's the fault of the thief.
  • slipsius
    So when should the industry expect to install these?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhpCu-ZJiu4[/ame]
  • HitmonInfinity
    Offline / Send Message
    HitmonInfinity polycounter lvl 11
    LMP wrote: »
    I don't know how many other studios have them, but, my last job had turnstiles that we would have to scan through after we got inside any of the office entrance doors (there were emergency exits without turnstiles, but you can't go in those doors).

This is actually a pretty good solution. The "close door after each person" thing is pretty awkward. I'm never going to not hold the door for someone.
  • Deathstick
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    Now that I think about it, I remember seeing a similar story about intruders, dressing and acting as a member of the team, and waiting for security doors to be unlocked for trade secrets..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4N5OhcY9s[/ame]
  • Hazardous
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    WarrenM wrote: »
    I know tearing apart analogies is an Olympic sport on the internet, but the gist of what I said is correct IMO. Theft from a store isn't the store's fault. It's the fault of the thief.

It would seem, that oddly, in this day and age on the internet, sound sense and logic is carted off and replaced with whichever one sounds the most ridiculous, or causes the most arguments, because that's somehow 'better'?! :poly142:

*narrows eyes* Come to think of it it always seems to fall on the side of the 'establishments fault' and not the individual on the internet either.

What a world!
  • Malus
    Offline / Send Message
    Malus polycounter lvl 17
    Hazardous wrote: »
    It would seem, that oddly, in this day and age on the internet, sound sense and logic is carted off and replaced with whichever one sounds the most ridiculous, or causes the most arguments, because that's somehow 'better'?! :poly142:

*narrows eyes* Come to think of it it always seems to fall on the side of the 'establishments fault' and not the individual on the internet either.

What a world!

^This.
    I can't wait to hear the guy had a tough upbringing as well, then we could blame the whole of society before passing any responsibility onto him.

The guy who did it is 100% at fault, a company shouldn't have to become a maximum security prison to stop random nutbags doing walk ins.