Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

League of Legend environment fanart

Replies

• OgfCraft
    I have found a small Lore related problem wiyh this, there's only 5 darkins left (as seen in Aatrox's lore) so a civil war would be kinda silly
  • Daniel Duy
    Offline / Send Message
    Daniel Duy polycounter lvl 5
    Hi, I must say this is really impressive work! I'd like to ask some questions if possible.
    1. What is the age group of the students?
    2. What jobs can be pursued by doing this? If possible name what should be studied in university for this.

Thank you!

1-We're around 24-27 :poly136:
    2-We just love the LOL art style (especially the new Summoner Rift), so we try to make something to study how Riot archive that. The gameplay, lore .... is extra stuffs for fun (you know, we're studends :poly136:). We hope our members could find job in the industry so I hope the project will be a good change to learn and get connections :poly122:
  • Daniel Duy
    Offline / Send Message
    OgfCraft wrote: »
    I have found a small Lore related problem wiyh this, there's only 5 darkins left (as seen in Aatrox's lore) so a civil war would be kinda silly

Thank you. We actually have lore detail but I plan to have some illustrations before public that :poly124:, so wait for it. About ur points, yes there are 5 Darkins but what if those are remain 5 Darkins after the civil war :poly121:. Our idea is what if Darkin is a big civilization and after the war, they die out. We will explain more when finishing the lore in detail.
  • Jonas3oo0
    Hey, I absolutely love this! I love the league of legend style and would love to play your map!

I wish I could do that awesome stuff too and I would love to see a making of or something. Because I wonder how you did these awesome textures. Have you hand painted for example every stone or do you use just one texture for all of them? If you use one texture for every stone how did you do these individual ao and highlights? I think you don’t use normal map, right? And which Game Engine do you use. Is it possible to do this in Unity3D?
    Sorry for these noob questions but I don´t know how I can learn to create that awesome stuff.
  • Daniel Duy
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas3oo0 wrote: »
    Hey, I absolutely love this! I love the league of legend style and would love to play your map!

I wish I could do that awesome stuff too and I would love to see a making of or something. Because I wonder how you did these awesome textures. Have you hand painted for example every stone or do you use just one texture for all of them? If you use one texture for every stone how did you do these individual ao and highlights? I think you don’t use normal map, right? And which Game Engine do you use. Is it possible to do this in Unity3D?
    Sorry for these noob questions but I don´t know how I can learn to create that awesome stuff.

Hi, we will properly have some tips for sharing with the community later on. The team is really busy with finals, thesis as this time. We will start working again in around 2 months. :poly122:
  • Jonas3oo0
    Nice, im looking forward to that! Good luck with your finals!
  • KiwiHead
    Offline / Send Message
    KiwiHead vertex
    the Warden design... loving it :D female aatrox looks awesome. The wheel on the back reminds me of Bahamut from FFX, really liking the whole idea/concept of the project. Waiting for more :)
  • Rawbert
  • MMKH
    Offline / Send Message
    MMKH polycounter lvl 11
    Wow I just noticed this from the showcase. This looks amazing, great job! Fits the game's style exactly. :)
  • TaylorMouse
    Offline / Send Message
    TaylorMouse polycounter lvl 10
    How quickly that something like league of legends, or dota2 picks up after Blizzard comes with nice new ideas

T.
  • wirrexx
    Offline / Send Message
    wirrexx ngon master
    Hi guys, helping here to improve my skills, Duy (pronounced YU-EE-YY) provided me with the awesome concept for the shopkeeper to work with, Here's the highpoly and game mesh. currently at 5k+ tris

aINKtva.jpg

WfJTG5w.jpg

uRzHRiS.png

8g5V2fy.jpg

and then if anyone interested here are the support maps to aid in texturing :)

yLtJ335.png

my friend, ribtibs will take this to the next level, peace!

may i ask why the Object Space Map? and what use it comes with?
  • anglorum
    Offline / Send Message
    anglorum polycounter lvl 6
    I would imagine the object space map is to get the top-to-bottom directional light for assistance in the painting process.

http://imageshack.com/a/img706/3888/9cop.png

Here is a link to some info provided by other helpful people who work at riot! I believe she goes by Terrabite, and was done for a project called Blubber Busters.

Oh, and when they refer to the bent normal channel, you can get that sort of data from a world space or bent normal map's green channel I think... I think... been a while since I"ve used this work flow.
  • kalihart
    did you leave the project?