Home Technical Talk

Maya - perfect plane render

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
DiederikV polycounter lvl 4
I made a couple of animations in maya using the materials and stuff and I'd like to make a sprite sheet out of them so that I can put them in Unity.

Here you have an example of an older effect I was working on(Download required):
http://diederikv.com/Test_01.avi

Now what I am trying to do is put it on a plane an render it out but I can't seem to find a way to align the camera perfectly with the plane so that I have no spare space or dont clip anything off.

Is there a good way to do this?

Replies

• kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 19
    Use an orthographic camera and set the Orthographic Width to the same size as your plane. Should match perfectly. It's set on the cameras Shape node.
  • DiederikV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde wrote: »
    Use an orthographic camera and set the Orthographic Width to the same size as your plane. Should match perfectly. It's set on the cameras Shape node.

Thanks, now I feel stupid. ^^
  • DiederikV
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, so I did that but I still seem to get a seem in my textures even though it loops perfectly in Maya, any thoughts on this?

image_seem_01.png
    image_seem_02.png

Not sure if it is all that visible in the last image.
  • kodde
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kodde polycounter lvl 19
    I'm guessing the texture sampling at the very edge of the plane is getting influences from the very other side of the texture. Probably due to texture's WrapS/WrapT in the engine. Try setting the texture WrapS/WrapT (or whatever they are called in Unity) to Clamp and not Wrap which is probably default. Might be called something like wrapmode the setting you want to find.