Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Void-alien [feedback wanted!]

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Yelle triangle
I'm stuck at this point now, I want to complete it but I'm not sure what else to do with it. I've deviated too far from the concept now hahaha

Lemme know what you think! and what I should add/remove etc to push this piece to completion! Thank you!

41EcHRi.jpg

Replies

• Cglewis
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    i feel his face and his shoulders need to be more refined as well as his 2nd knee?
    but its hard to give a crit, tell me more about this character/monster :)
  • Yelle
    Offline / Send Message
    Yelle triangle
    Cglewis wrote: »
    i feel his face and his shoulders need to be more refined as well as his 2nd knee?
    but its hard to give a crit, tell me more about this character/monster :)

Hi, yes! Those parts do indeed look sloppy. I should go touch 'em up. Alright, so this guy is a reimagining of a video game (Dota2) character called Void. My friend drew the concept art but gave me free reign over whatever changes I wanted. He's supposed to be almost entirely alien, hence the strange proportions and things on his body. However we decided to keep the humanoid shape as Void in Dota2 has it as well.

Thanks!! :thumbup:
  • tahakitan
    Offline / Send Message
    tahakitan polycounter lvl 9
    work on the form. I know it is alien but it seems wierd and it should not feel that way. it should feel cool and awww! think about what it is made of. does it have muscle strands? how are they forms? if not than what is it close to and study that. Right now I don't know what it is made of except clay. I have seen made alien sculpts and I can usually tell what it is made up of from the form and details.
  • Yelle
    Offline / Send Message
    Yelle triangle
    tahakitan wrote: »
    work on the form. I know it is alien but it seems wierd and it should not feel that way. it should feel cool and awww! think about what it is made of. does it have muscle strands? how are they forms? if not than what is it close to and study that. Right now I don't know what it is made of except clay. I have seen made alien sculpts and I can usually tell what it is made up of from the form and details.

Ah I haven't thought about that, thanks a lot. I'll see what I can whip up!
  • ncav
    Offline / Send Message
    ncav polycounter lvl 5
    This is very busy, I'm not really sure what I am looking at beyond the fact that it is bi-pedal. Maybe try and go back to a more gestural stages and nail down a silhouette that can provide a read as to what sort of creature you are aiming for and then progress naturally from there.
  • Yelle
    Offline / Send Message
    Yelle triangle
    ncav wrote: »
    This is very busy, I'm not really sure what I am looking at beyond the fact that it is bi-pedal. Maybe try and go back to a more gestural stages and nail down a silhouette that can provide a read as to what sort of creature you are aiming for and then progress naturally from there.

I already have a piece of concept art to work off (albeit loosely) and I'm trying not to stray terribly far from it so I know generally what I want, I'm just unsure how to get there. :(

Oh yeh, I have a pretty small update to share -
    I got rid of all the spines and started working on the materials and what I wanted each part to be. I hope it looks better! The body parts are supposed to be a rock-ish material
    bcgbkUP.png