Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Balin's Tomb WIP

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
ArtbyV polycounter lvl 8
Working on Balin's Tomb environment for my portfolio. Here's where I'm at. Just at the blockin stage right now with some quick lighting to try and get the mood down. Still have a few pillars to add. Once I get those in, I'll start doing some sculpts.

BalinsTomb1.jpg

BalinsTomb2.jpg

BalinsTomb3.jpg

Replies

• Bolovorix
    Offline / Send Message
    Bolovorix ngon master
    Nice choice! It might look nice if you can get a more dramatic mood tho. Maybe you can get the ceiling darker for a bit more contrast.

Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Edit: Did a quick little paintover. Just my 2 Cents, hope it's helpful.
    BalinsTomb_paintover.jpg
  • Filip Nica
    Offline / Send Message
    Filip Nica polycounter lvl 4
    Looking good so far, can't wait to see some more work in progress :)
  • ArtbyV
    Offline / Send Message
    ArtbyV polycounter lvl 8
    Bolovorix wrote: »
    Nice choice! It might look nice if you can get a more dramatic mood tho. Maybe you can get the ceiling darker for a bit more contrast.

Can't wait to see the finished piece!

Edit: Did a quick little paintover. Just my 2 Cents, hope it's helpful.
    BalinsTomb_paintover.jpg

Hey man, thanks for the paintover! I was definitely thinking about hiding the ceiling in shadow, but wasn't 100% sure on that yet. I'm not going to be creating the environment exactly as it was in Fellowship of the Ring as we've seen that before. I'm going for more of a pristine look without all the bodies, rubble, and debris.

I think I probably will end up going that route, but I wasn't going to decide until I had the high res assets in the scene with some better materials and the particles effects on the torches along the pillars. Definitely helps though. Thanks for the suggestion and taking the time to do that for me.