Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[MESH] Sci-fi power generator

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
lordsme polycounter lvl 8
Hi everyone,

I'm a 3d programmer but sometimes I like to realize some content to test our pipeline: here I post some screenshot of a sci-fi power generator I completed to test our materials and post processing filters :)

Maybe someone read our post about a real-time rendered movie Turin - Before the City: I used the same software, our pre-viz tool MESH, to render the real time screenshots.

Please give me some feedback, I know I have to improve as a content creator :P

Software used: Maya, CrazyBump, GIMP, MESH

6345425732_8b068208db_b.jpg

6344670997_379a1035fa_b.jpg

6344674277_168fa6db41_b.jpg

Replies

• lordsme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • lordsme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • GOBEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOBEE polycounter lvl 10
    The lighting on the sides is a bit dark. Hard to see, but I think you may have been going for that. Also, it looks like the normal map may be a bit extreme but again, hard to tell due to dark lighting. (Are the numbers on the side supposed to be raised or flat?)

It's looks good though. I like the design. Not sure it needs a 2K texture though. A bit of refining and this is one badass generator.

First time I've heard of MESH. Will check it out.
  • lordsme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOBEE wrote: »
    The lighting on the sides is a bit dark. Hard to see, but I think you may have been going for that. Also, it looks like the normal map may be a bit extreme but again, hard to tell due to dark lighting. (Are the numbers on the side supposed to be raised or flat?)

It's looks good though. I like the design. Not sure it needs a 2K texture though. A bit of refining and this is one badass generator.

First time I've heard of MESH. Will check it out.

Lighting is a bit dark, yep I have to refine it.
    Numbers were supposed to be a little raised, but now I think that maybe in the end they shouldn't be...
    2k texture is too much, I should scale it down.
    Lots of low poly optimisation can be done I think.

MESH is still in Alpha test, we hope to announce a public official release for the next year!
  • robertweal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    According to my view, Generators are help to protect our family and possessions during a power outage. Electric generators types depend on the type of generating equipment employed, the electrical energy produced is either direct current (DC) or alternating current (AC). Now-a-days, Many companies introduced latest generators in market with latest technology with affordable prices and warrant also. Please produce some more attachments about the topic to view detail information.

generators for sale
    inverter generator
  • AlexCatMasterSupreme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexCatMasterSupreme interpolator
    I'd say the texture is too distracting, think of texturing like composition, if I shoved a million objects into a scene randomly it would be overwhelming, if I placed a few interesting things to guide the eye, it would be great.
  • anthonynoahan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am having a generator which can works up to 12 hours after the power cut continuously. The best thing in my system is that I bought it two years before and up to now there is no repair to it or any disturbance regarding the working of the system. We must turn off the main connection when ever the power has gone and at the generator system we make a copper wire to the ground with out any shock if power comes suddenly. Please produce some more attachments about the latest versions.

• jonekupar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    :) So far we have been looking at what could be called relatively portable generators, because they have wheels and you can push them around and even lift them for short distances. However, now we want to look at a truly portable generator, it weighs just 44 pounds. For that size limitation, it is quite powerful, at 1600 watt output and a maximum of 2000 watts. It is also extremely silent, producing only 51 db of sound. Finally, it has received the very highest Amazon rating at 4.7 stars. However, its biggest flaw is the fact that it costs more than double, even triple our cheapest portable generator, and we think that type of money is only worth to be spend if you really need all these features.