Home Technical Talk

3dsMax "Missing: Render to Texture" - Dafuq?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Thaiauxn polycounter lvl 7
sdadasda.jpg

So, yeah... What?

Can anybody point out what I've done to anger the 3dsMax gods? Why is render to texture greyed out? I was hoping to bake these while I go grab some lunch, but no... This is only maybe the 3rd time I've ever hit a problem I just can't solve with google. :p

Polycount, attack!

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Do you have the latest service pack installed? In not, try that.

If that doesn't work execute this command in the maxscript listener to open a folder to your macroscripts directory. Is there a file named Macro_BakeTexture.mcr? If so, delete and restart max.
    shelllaunch "$userMacros" ""

If that doesn't fix it, try this (it will delete all your custom hotkeys and toolbars.)

Exit 3ds Max, rename this folder, and start 3ds Max.
    C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\20XX - 64bit
    You can exit max and rename it back to get your hotkeys back if it didn't work.

If that doesn't work check that the file actually exists in the Max install:
    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2013\MacroScripts\Macro_BakeTextures.mcr
    You may need to do a repair install, or uninstall/re-install.
  • Thaiauxn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's a handy expression! Opened the scripts folder, and renamed it. Restarted max - nada, still greyed out.

sgsg.png

The file is still in there. Check this out:

prev=$
    new=instance prev
    select new
    paramwire.connect prev.pos.controller.Path_Constraint.controller[#Percent] new.pos.controller.Path_Constraint.controller[#Percent] "Percent+0.06"

Lol, looks like in my haste I accidentally overwrote this script. I'm a dumbass.

Can you CtrlC&V your copy of Macro_BakeTextures.mcr? I don't think AutoDesk will mind their code going out over a forum post. :p I cuold reinstall maxjust for one file, unless there is an archive of them somewhere.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Luckily I seem to have a 2013 version, check your PM.
  • Thaiauxn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You're a glamorous example of humanity and chivalry, monster.

Cheers