Home Contests & Challenges Archives Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

[WIP] The Molay - Thrusting Dagger Skin

Dear Lads,

I am Mary's Revenge and presenting you my first release.

K9ZwiJk.png

"The Molay" named after the famous and last Grand Master "Jacques de Molay" of the Knights Templar.
Creating something more plainly and simply Dagger was my Intention. (No Fantasy!)

edBKIus.png

mXs1XOD.png

rbboydJ.png

hhmGBBS.png

xmmntJS.png

Let's see how the Peasantry of Archers try to fight like a Man!

GsPSaSr.png

4QXkOmI.png

rqZ2tMI.png

E9dmE5X.png

19m0l6h.png

You can see "The Molay" also in the Steam Workshop of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=394851586&searchtext=

Right now i‘am on many Projects for Chivalry but for every single Asset i will make a Work in Progress Thread so you Guys know about my Work.

I really hope you like my work and leave a feedback when you want.

Thank you a lot.

Mary :)

Replies

• Grindcore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good man, I voted for it :) btw I'm pretty new at this whole thing and I make a new skin but I'm stuck on the texturing lol. Did you use tga or bmp etc, for normals, diffuse and specular?
  • ♥Mary's Revenge♥
    Grindcore wrote: »
    Looking good man, I voted for it :) btw I'm pretty new at this whole thing and I make a new skin but I'm stuck on the texturing lol. Did you use tga or bmp etc, for normals, diffuse and specular?

Thank you to support me! :)
    When you got rendered your UV map you need to export it as tga. Then it will create two tga files (colored and monochrome). Import the colored tga into Photoshop and apply your textures and effects to it. When you are satisfied with your work export the diffuse tga without alpha channels (important!). Then you just need to drag and drop your diffuse tga into your 3d application (i use 3ds max) and apply it to a material for your object.
    PS: When you are apply changes to your diffuse map (create a psd file for sure) just export (without alpha channels!) and overwrite the existing diffuse map, it will automaticaly update your texture in the 3d application.

Hopefully this will help you creating more awesome content! :)
  • Grindcore
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! I can't really find a good guide anywhere so you helped me out a lot lol