Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D Artist Portfolio - Daniel Rivers

Hey Everyone!

I'm here to post my facebook page containing my 3D art portfolio. Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel-Riverss-Art/1409074156062726

I work with 3D modeling, animation, texturing, sculpting, technical art (Unity). Give it a like if you enjoyed =D.

Replies

• pigart
    Offline / Send Message
    pigart polycounter lvl 6
    Facebook isn't the best for portfolios :/
  • Obscura
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    Also, don't get me wrong, but I would not put any of these into a portfolio. The character models has many very noticeable seams, and the most of things are untextured/badly textured, and low quality overall. Presentation also isn't the best, the renders from the characters are very dark. If it suppose to be a portfolio, then probably you want to show how good you are, and unfortunately this album show the opposite. The quality of these was acceptable as a game art, but roughly 20 years ago in cinematic scenes. This wants to be a feedback, and not an attack against you!
  • Odow
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah Facebook is the worse place ever to host a portfolio, it kill the quality of everything and it's really not professional. There's many free place to do one that will look like a professional one, like weebly for example, which is pretty easy to use even when you know crap about html and css. or if you are really lazy use artstation which is really suitable for a portfolio but for Arceus sake do not use facebook.
  • TheWalkerGod
    Obscura wrote: »
    Also, don't get me wrong, but I would not put any of these into a portfolio. The character models has many very noticeable seams, and the most of things are untextured/badly textured, and low quality overall. Presentation also isn't the best, the renders from the characters are very dark. If it suppose to be a portfolio, then probably you want to show how good you are, and unfortunately this album show the opposite. The quality of these was acceptable as a game art, but roughly 20 years ago in cinematic scenes. This wants to be a feedback, and not an attack against you!

Gonna have to agree with obscura here, with the added criticism that your specularity/reflections on your models look really off. They definitely need more work on them.
  • huffer
    Offline / Send Message
    huffer interpolator
    You could easily cut down that coin model to 100 tris, get rid of all silhouette segmentation and add all details (like smooth edges) from normal maps.