Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The Hearthstone Saloon - 2015 Blizzard Student Art Contest Submission

Seradin
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Seradin polycounter lvl 5
I thought i should make a breakdown thread for my 2015 Blizzard Art Contest submission the Hearthstone Saloon!

Enjoy! Critic is always welcome :D

Screenshots

LoXjr66.jpg
6WFNFZ9.jpg
J32hzws.jpg

Texture Breakdown

WYHKWlv.jpg
RWn3XVF.jpg
e1hfasn.jpg

Wireframe

YDxoHK9.jpg

Replies

• TomGT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomGT polycounter
    Impressive! Whats the poly count on this? Do you have a shot with just the wireframes? That hex frog is a very nice touch! Those wood textures are awesome!

As for critiques, this is more of a personal preference, but the foundation stones beneath the saloon is a bit too busy in my opinion, with the hearthstone logo placed all around it. Perhaps not having some of them glow would change that.

But regardless, this is very high quality. Congrats and good luck for the Blizzard Art Contest!
  • Seradin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seradin polycounter lvl 5
    Sorry it took so long! Got super busy with school!

Unfortunately I heard that I did not win the contest! But i still made something awesome!

Headin to GDC next week and super excited to show it off!

I updated the main post with a wire frame and some more texture breakdowns!

Would love any feedback you can give me!

Thanks!!
  • Limewax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Limewax polycounter lvl 6
    TomGT wrote: »
    As for critiques, this is more of a personal preference, but the foundation stones beneath the saloon is a bit too busy in my opinion, with the hearthstone logo placed all around it.

I second this, but I dont think removing the glow would help anything other than maybe make it call less attention to itself. That texture work down there is just super busy. Other than that, I really really enjoy it and now it makes me want to work on a handpainted piece :poly142: