Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM - Art Deco City - Jesse Walsh

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Jesse Walsh polycounter lvl 7
Place holder! I want to do an art deco style throne on top of a skyscraper.

Replies

• Jesse Walsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated to lastest version of throne... liking this one a lot better. I will probably have to put it inside of a building instead of on the roof though.

IB53Lsj.jpg?1

I did a pedestal and some spot lights. I also thought a little about colors. I am not sure what the actual throne will be. I am tempted to just put a Herman Miller chair on it.

FTZpowk.jpg?1
  • Jesse Walsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A stone eagle to go on the outside of the building (not shown above) A little max a little zbrush for cheating it together. Similar to the one on the Empire State Building...

vAZkdT2.jpg?1
  • Jesse Walsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Need to work on the actual building tonight... I want to show at least the upper third of it in an establishing shot. I will be following the outline of the pedestal for the general shape.

tUmZh7s.jpg
  • Jesse Walsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Worked on the building block out... not so sure about it.

6Qgtp8N.jpg
  • Aerashi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aerashi polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Jesse, nice to see another entry with an art deco feel to it and I'm liking the searchlights you've modeled and the very deco searchlight beams in the background.

The throne area itself is looking pretty cool and I like the simplicity of it, but as you say the building itself feels a bit off.

LINKY That's a pin off my inspiration board for this comp, what if you flatten off the top of your building and have some nice big statues coming up on either side. Basically exaggerate it so it's art deco, but maybe in a more Gotham setting (here's a link for the FEEL I'm talking about.)

Anyhow, good luck, I want to see more!
  • Jesse Walsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback! I am definitely going to rework the building. My initial thought was that a round building would contrast nicely against the plain rectangular buildings in the background, but it just isn't coming across very well. I'm also thinking about adding a lot of strange retro technology elements to the pedestal itself. Perhaps drawing some inspiration from Cannabis Works...
    digik-cw_132133.jpg
  • Jesse Walsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Jesse Walsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did the helmet at lunch... the ports are where the wires go in. I think i am going to try to paint everything in substance painter. It looks nice.
    xNApD27.jpg?1
    iC6084h.jpg?1