Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My first Environment in a LONG time

Replies

• AutoExit
    Offline / Send Message
    AutoExit polycounter lvl 10
    Very good work Manilamerc. Now just set the night light settings and will look like on the concept art.
  • theonewhoknocks
    Offline / Send Message
    theonewhoknocks polycounter lvl 6
    Coming together pretty good man, only things that throw it off for me are some of the textures. To me a lot of them look pretty low res and tiled without any variation and it stands out a lot.

The other thing is the textures for the tanks on the right in the concept are more of a bronze texture rather than that orange/red you have on there now.

How are you texturing these props? Other than that everything has fallen into place really good for your first environment in a long time. Just get that lighting adjusted and get that little extra orange room in and it will look awesome!:)
  • manilamerc
    Offline / Send Message
    manilamerc polycounter lvl 6
    thanks theonewhoknocks

I can see what you mean by having the textures without any variation. I textured most of these props using DDO and the rest with just Photoshop. All my props are done in 2048 x 2048. I will sometimes combine props into 1 UV map. That may be the reason why you say they look low res.

I'm not sure if it is wise to combine props into 1 UV map. I do that because I feel like I can save time using one texture to cover multiple objects. Instead of many separate textures for many separate objects.
  • manilamerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Update: I'm playing around with the lighting seeing what I can do. I'm a huge noob at lighting a scene. Need help lighting. Maybe a descent tutorial you know? let me know

tO55aD4.jpg
  • Carter
    Offline / Send Message
    Carter polycounter lvl 12
    Hey, I would use a fairly weak directional light for the moon could get some interesting shadows from the support trusses.
    I would also add some weak point lights coloured the same as the emissive elements just in front of them and add a strong white/blueish point light with the area size sliders up so its the same width as the fluorescent tube at the back - you might get some interesting results from that : )

Also not sure if you have already but have a look at the postprocess volume to compliment the lighting
  • manilamerc
    Offline / Send Message
    Update: re did lighting and stuffz

cpsnFpS.jpg
  • manilamerc
    Offline / Send Message