Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UE4 - Night scene

Foxhead
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Foxhead polycounter lvl 5
Hello there ! :)

My 2015 1st work :)

I hope the full of good things for you 2015!! :)

n_01.png

n_02.png

n_03.png

n_04.png

N_05.png

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Reminds me of Witcher 2, looks great.

I'd like to see a bit more hero assets or points of interest though. And maybe a more interesting sky. The rocks look a bit too much like quartz or some sort of mineral, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. There is a few areas in the back where the foliage looks too flat.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    what's the light source in the cave? is there a fire on the ground or something?

looks good to me, don't be afraid to show a shot looking down on the scene though!
  • FemCharles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FemCharles greentooth
    It looks great! The colour palette is particularly nice.

Some point to improve it:

More focus - If your cave in the first image is the main focus of your image, i would have it brighter and some of the light bleeding out. Also set dress it with particular shape rocks to draw your eye to the cave. Maybe some hanging foliage around that area?

- More variety of green in the foliage.

Your second and fifth image are the least interesting composition wise, i would probably drop them. I also think the third could be improved upon.

Great work :)
  • JoshWilkinson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
    I see a lot of warm light on the bottom of the cliffs. It looks great and compliments the skylight perfectly but I'm kind of bothered by the lack of a light source, such as a campfire? Maybe it just isn't shown in any of the screens?
  • PolyDjent
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyDjent polycounter lvl 5
    Awesome scene! Any tips on creating such a nice foliage shading since its kinda hard to do in ue4?
  • Xaragoth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaragoth polycounter lvl 8
    Love it. Can we have a bit of a asset breakdown? :O