Home General Discussion

A second monitor

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Odeca polycounter lvl 3
Hello guys, I have a dell S2230MX that I bought when I wasn't yet a 3D artist, untill now I've found it pretty good tbh.

Anyway I'd like to get a second monitor and the price range it's between 100-170 €, nothing extreme, a 21.5 / 23" monitor with 1920x1080 LED would be good.

Should I pick the same monitor?
I'm a bit scared of having two monitors different monitors... would it be a problem? I've found one for 230$...

I'm not very expert so, please, can somebody help picking one?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    If I were you I would replace your existing monitor rather than buy one to be used as a secondary. Your monitor has a TN panel which means poor viewing angles and color accuracy, so its not particularly good for art content creation.

You should look for a monitor with an IPS panel of some sort, you may have to settle for an e-ips panel in your price range though but that should still be a decent step up over your current display. Most IPS displays under $300 or so will have an e-ips panel. The biggest difference is generally color depth, where e-ips is usually 6-bit per channel and ips panels are generally 8 or 10-bit panel, this means you might see some banding in gradients but nothing major e-ips panel (all TN panels are 6-bit as well). But again, e-ips is better than TN in pretty much every way (except response times for gaming, and even then the differences are marginal).

Something like a Dell S2340M would be a good choice on a budget. E-ips 6-bit panel, very basic stand, etc: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dell-293M3-IPS-LED-23-Inch-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B009H0XQRS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1420398340&sr=1-1&keywords=dell+23"+ips"]Amazon.com: Dell S2340M 293M3-IPS-LED 23-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor: Electronics[/ame]

For a little more, you can get a AH-IPS panel (but still 6-bit) and a nicer stand: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260149&cm_re=23%22_ips-_-24-260-149-_-Product

In 24", you can get another e-ips panel, but this time at 1920x1200 instead of 1920x1080: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260047&cm_re=24%22_ips-_-24-260-047-_-Product

To get an IPS screen with 8 or 10 bit color you'll likely spend upwards of $500, so thats probably out of your budget. Though again, the 6-bit IPS screens are quite good and generally way better than any TN panel. I have a 6-bit dell 23" sitting next to a 8-bit dell 24" and don't have any problems.

In terms of using two different monitors, its not really a big problem unless you need to color match both displays for print work or something like that. You can get a color calibrator to sync them up, like a Spyder Elite or similar.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/ has lots of detailed reviews including panel type and bit depth for most monitors out there.
  • dimosM
    Hey, i am also looking for an IPS monitor (currently have a TN-panel) to use as my primary one, but i am wondering will there be any noticeable difference (enough to bother someone) when the 2 come side by side?
  • EarthQuake
    Is the difference noticeable?

Yes. TN panels have horrible color shift, where if you move your head a few inches in any direction the colors on the screen change. The severity of this varies depending on the specific TN panel (some are better than others) but it is a typical trait and generally the most noticeable difference when you look at a TN and IPS panel side by side.

The colors on an IPS display should hold up no matter what viewing angle you look at it from, the only real exception being looking at them from very acute angles.

Color accuracy and gamut range is generally much better on IPS panels as well, but this applies more to the 8-bit and 10-bit models than the cheaper e-ips 6-bit ones. Though again, because of the viewing angles, even a 6-bit e-ips will have much better color accuracy than a 6-bit TN, because the colors display consistently.

If the differences are enough to bother you is a subjective question that only you can answer.

The price difference between e-ips and TN panels is so small these days that its not really a matter of if its worth it to go ips, but rather why would you even consider TN?
  • Odeca
    Offline / Send Message
    Odeca polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks EarthQuake! That S2340M looks interesting, I'll might get this one as main one and the S2230MX as secondary.

If anybody finds interesting/different solutions rather then S2340M would be much appreciated! :D

Cheers
  • commador
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    I have a 2412M flanked by two S2240Ls. All three are quite nice. The 2412 has a matte screen and the 2240s (which are just smaller versions of the 2340) are covered by glass, so they could cause glare depending on how they are situated. I've found by default the settings on the 2240s were much "punchier" than the 2412. After running a Spyder over them, I got them all pretty darn close to each other. That isn't to say out of the box they were bad, in fact I think they were quite good, but in comparison to a different model display, the difference was quite noticeable. The 2412 is currently 100 off at Newegg, and having a few more vertical pixels is nice. Otherwise, the 2340 should be a good display for you.
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    From my personal experience the most important thing monitor related is color accuracy. Especially if you work from home. So the first thing you need to avoid any misunderstanding with your art director , or people discussing "cartoony" or dull colors, or bad lighting in your game is a colorimeter or spectrophotometer . Color profiler in a word. I prefer X-rite ones.

It's a first thing you need , any cheap IPS monitor is the second. Don't buy expensive wide gamut one. The games are all using sRGB gamut so anything wider is just a money waste.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 3
    dimosM wrote: »
    Hey, i am also looking for an IPS monitor (currently have a TN-panel) to use as my primary one, but i am wondering will there be any noticeable difference (enough to bother someone) when the 2 come side by side?

Check attached files. Left IPS, right TN.

Can you see this dark thing on TN? That's called Viewing Angles problem. Just this almost made me a serial killer when guys at PC shop tried to convince me that there is no problem with TN matrix, it's a problem with me because i'm a graphic and I can see things other doesn't notice. It was at a time when I switched from CRT monitor to my LCD.

Shitty color palette was a another "small" problem with TN.

When I returned TN monitor and got IPS, it's like someone put CRT back in front of me.

It was couple years ago, but somehow (based on TV's I saw) I doubt that quality of TN matrix type changed.

So yeah, there is a noticeable difference.
  • Odeca
    Offline / Send Message
    Odeca polycounter lvl 3
    Damn that U2412M it's interesting but it's still offbudget...Since I can't find anyone selling an 2340 in EU (edit: nvm I've found it it's 2340L, however I might get the 2240L) , what you guys think about the P2314H ?
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Odeca wrote: »
    Damn that U2412M it's interesting but it's still offbudget...Since I can't find anyone selling an 2340 in EU, what you guys think about the P2314H ?

I'm in the UK, i don't mind selling my dell u2312HM, i've wanted to for a while. But it would depend on where it's going as shipping might be quite high.
  • Odeca
    Offline / Send Message
    Odeca polycounter lvl 3
    I'm in the UK, i don't mind selling my dell u2312HM, i've wanted to for a while. But it would depend on where it's going as shipping might be quite high.

Well, depends on how long have you been using it, price, and integrity! If you want, send me some shots of it with the price, it would be much appreciated.. Shipping would be to Italy anyway :thumbup:
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    i've been using it 2 years, it's in "as new" condition because i don't drop shit on it, or throw stuff at it... it's a monitor lol. i'm even 90% sure i still have the original packaging.

yeah shipping to italy would suck le balls.
  • Odeca
    Offline / Send Message
    Odeca polycounter lvl 3
    Yeah it's a monitor but no one knows what you do with it lolRandy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

Jokes aside...

I'm gonna get a S2240L and FTW :D
  • EarthQuake
  • Odeca
    Offline / Send Message
    Odeca polycounter lvl 3
    As far as I understood the s2240L it's more or less the same, just the fact that it's a fixed monitor and it cant be turned 90° (which I don't see the reason of doing that) and a smaller screen size.

My desk it's more or less 50 cm, if I get another big monitor I'm not sure it's gonna fit at all, so better stay on a lower profile and stick with the 21,5" :D

I love you guys
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    interesting that Dell's 24" IPS is no longer 1920 * 1200...
  • EarthQuake
    As far as I understood the s2240L it's more or less the same, just the fact that it's a fixed monitor and it cant be turned 90° (which I don't see the reason of doing that) and a smaller screen size.

My desk it's more or less 50 cm, if I get another big monitor I'm not sure it's gonna fit at all, so better stay on a lower profile and stick with the 21,5" :D

I love you guys

Yeah you're paying for the stand. There are only so many panels out there, chances are you can find other brand monitors using that same panel as well. Afaik LG makes all the IPS panels, or rather anything advertised as IPS, as LG owns the patent for the term, though plenty of similar technology exists, Samsung has PLS which most people probably call IPS and a chinese company has something like AHVA or something that is similar to.
    interesting that Dell's 24" IPS is no longer 1920 * 1200...

U2412M and U2413 are both 1920x1200, but both are way out of OP's budget. The low end 23" and 24" panels have traditionally been 1920x1080 screens. Whats new is that dell has IPS panels even in their low end monitors rather than TN.
  • Joost
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    50 cm desk?! Is that a typo? I could just about fit 2 23" monitors on my 1m table. I think getting a new desk should be a higher priority. Assuming that you have room for one.

I just upgraded to a 160cm ikea galant desk and it's awesome. Would recommend it to anyone. :thumbup:
  • Odeca
    Offline / Send Message
    Odeca polycounter lvl 3
    Lmao, yeah to be more accurate it's a 75cm desk, but atm I don't have space to breath in my room... So I'd say the real priority it's to get a new room :P
  • Spoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    A very interesting thread. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, EQ!

I just bought a Spyder4Express yesterday. Even though I use dual monitors, I am on a budget atm, and can live with just the main one being accurate for the moment.
    But, my monitor is an "old" TN, bought it for gaming back then. Should I prioritize upgrading monitors as well, or can the Spyder get me close enough? I already have 3 monitors, only using 2 of them, so buying new ones seems a bit over the top, but I honestly have no idea how important it is, and how much the Spyder can do for me.

Do you guys have any suggestions?

Sorry if this is stealing the thread, I can make a new one if you prefer.
  • gnoop
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    Problem with TN is that even being calibrated you never know if you see right colors or not because even with slightest tilt it changes not its colors hue ( chromatic parameter) but rather gamma ( visual contrast, shadow darkness etc ).

Seeing an accurate 2,2 gamma imo is a critical thing for doing lighting and textures, realistic style . No PBR references would help you if you see wrong gamma on your screen.

I would rather find an old CRT somewhere, calibrate it and use as a color reference.

Beside TN formerly all had a tendency to have its green not in corresponding sRGB gamut green corner making all green colors over or under saturated. Colorimeter could fix it inside Photoshop and other "color aware" applications but not in game engine which usually don't know anything about your specific monitor profile.
  • EarthQuake
    I would say as long as you have a high quality panel in your primary, and that monitor is calibrated, you'll probably be ok. The only real issue you'll have is if you have reference on your secondary monitor, and you're eyeballing it for color reference, you'll probably see a big difference between the primary and secondary if the secondary is a TN. So, really best to just make sure you do any color important work on the primary screen.

It also sort of depends on how OCD you are, if having two different panels will bother you.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Kwramm
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    you could always try buying a used monitor, if you're on a budget. The older Dells with IPS panels still hold up pretty well compared to new ones - we got plenty at the studio for comparison. Samsung's top models of the Syncmaster line are also great monitors (using S-PVA panels) - I got a 6 year old 305t which doesn't have to hide behind newer IPS panels when it comes to colors and viewing angles. Just stay away from TN - they're really bad, as everyone already mentioned. Bought one for my girlfriend and regretted it almost immediately :(
  • kaptainkernals
    Offline / Send Message
    kaptainkernals polycounter lvl 12
    Another option, next to the 2340M, is the 2340L: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/S2340L-23-Inch-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00A6WZW6E/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1420538044&sr=1-1&keywords=s2340l"]Amazon.com: DELL S S2340L 23-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor: Electronics[/ame]

Which is also an e-IPS based screen - the only difference between the L and M, are the connectivity options, the L is HDMI, and the M is DVI (both have VGA).

I'm personally using a S2440L, which is an AMVA panel, which is full 8 bit, as opposed to the 6 bit of the 2340L/M, it also has better static contrast(inherent to VA panels).

However, it is more prone to a bit of gamma shifting - so not as stable as an IPS. But, it's my main screen, and I look at it head on and don't really shift position. So I never really receive the gamma shift, it's also relatively small (24") coupled with the distance I view it from, angle of view never changes. (only issue I have with the 2440L, is the screen is glossy - glass, and until I sorted out the lighting in the room, it did pose issues - but sorting out the lighting, sorts it out just fine).

Which can also be a deciding factor between going for an IPS screen, or a VA screen (MVA/PVA/AMVA) if the pricing for the two fall into the same budget bracket. If your angle of view never really changes, and you aren't too close to the screen, a VA based screen might be a better buy if a higher bit depth is required.

Having said that, if your budget is higher, e.g. $500 upwards, don't bother looking at VA based panels, as EQ said, you'll already be in the 8bit+ IPS bracket.
  • Odeca
    Offline / Send Message
    Odeca polycounter lvl 3
    DAMN IT! The S2240 arrived but I feel like it's too much glossy and I don't like to watch a mirror each time I sit on the pc ... I'll might send it back and get the P2214H.

However how do I understand which one is right about the colors and brightness?
    I mean:

10418462_10204876414421783_890688231855907615_n.jpg
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    get one of these: http://spyder.datacolor.com/

the pro/elite versions support mulitple monitors.
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    I just bought the Asus MX279H for 279 from amazon. 27 inch IPS love it. http://www.amazon.com/MX279H-27-Inch-Screen-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00B17C5KO
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    what the hell? why only 1080p?! if you're goin 27", go 2560*1440 or go home.
  • Odeca
    Offline / Send Message
    Odeca polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks almighty, that's expansive however, I'd rather buy another identical monitor instead :P

Isn't there a free way? XD
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Thanks almighty, that's expansive however, I'd rather buy another identical monitor instead :P

not accurate, no.
  • Odeca
    Offline / Send Message
    Odeca polycounter lvl 3
    not accurate, no.

Never a Joy for Odeca! :(

Well, I'm gonna send it back anyway to get the other one with anti glare...
  • EarthQuake

Even if you buy two of the same:
    1. There is no guarantee the colors will match
    2. There is no guarantee the colors will be accurate, with either one
  • skyline5gtr
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    what the hell? why only 1080p?! if you're goin 27", go 2560*1440 or go home.

lol cause im broke and lower resolution means my video card can keep up still :-)
  • Kbrom12
    Offline / Send Message
    Kbrom12 polycounter lvl 8
    Any of ya'll have any experience with this? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-27-ips-led-hd-monitor-black/7814005.p

Been browsing around recently for a new pair as well. I like the dell's linked earlier in this thread but trying to stick with 27in.

$200 seems to cheap for a 27in IPS though.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    I have slight differences in colour/light in my exact same monitors.

You know what I think its a good thing, as your end users will have variation in colour match too as they use different monitors, the more you can get it to look right across the board the better.
  • EarthQuake
    Kbrom12 wrote: »
    Any of ya'll have any experience with this? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-27-ips-led-hd-monitor-black/7814005.p

Been browsing around recently for a new pair as well. I like the dell's linked earlier in this thread but trying to stick with 27in.

$200 seems to cheap for a 27in IPS though.

Its 1080P, so while its 27", you don't get any extra real estate over even a 22" or so, you just get bigger pixels. Okay if you want a larger screen to move the monitor further from you, but doesn't make any sense to upgrade from a smaller monitor with the same pixel count, aside from the obvious benefits of an IPS panel if you currently have a TN.

A 27" should be 2560 x 1440 or so.
    I have slight differences in colour/light in my exact same monitors.

You know what I think its a good thing, as your end users will have variation in colour match too as they use different monitors, the more you can get it to look right across the board the better.

Naaa, this isn't a thing. While having two poorly calibrated monitors does give you a larger sample range than just one, a properly calibrated screen is always better.

accurate_display.gif
  • claydough
    Offline / Send Message
    claydough polycounter lvl 10
    CES 2015: The World’s First 144Hz IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor Unveiled

XB270HU-featuredmain.png

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-worlds-first-144hz-ips-monitor-unveiled

youtu.be/oT8f_1oRsLU

To better view the benefits of G-SYNC, download the original video file, set your monitor to 60 Hz, and view in Windows Media Player.

XB027HU.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8812/acer-announces-two-gaming-monitors-at-ces-2015

from Anandtech:
    The first monitor is the Acer XB270HU, which, according to the Acer press release, is the world’s first IPS monitor with G-SYNC capability. It is a 27” 2560x1440 resolution IPS panel, with a maximum refresh rate of 144 Hz. This will give much better viewing angles (up to 178°) and generally a better color accuracy as well, although that will have to be tested. The XB270HU also comes on a height adjustable stand which offers tilt and swivel. The specifics of the panel are not mentioned, so at this time we cannot say whether it is a 6 or 8 bit panel. Availability is March 2015
  • mystichobo
    Offline / Send Message
    mystichobo polycounter lvl 12
    get one of these: http://spyder.datacolor.com/

the pro/elite versions support mulitple monitors.

http://dispcalgui.hoech.net/ is a pretty good software alternative that should work with the express versions of the hardware for multiple monitors too.
  • Spoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Spoon polycounter lvl 11
    This thread convinced me to buy a Spyder4, which I just used to calibrate my main monitor (didnt stretch for the pro (or what it is called) to support multiple monitors.)
    And holy moly ---- The difference is huge! :O I really underestimated this.
    Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
  • sziada
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    claydough wrote: »
    CES 2015: The World’s First 144Hz IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC Monitor Unveiled

XB270HU-featuredmain.png

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-g-sync-worlds-first-144hz-ips-monitor-unveiled

youtu.be/oT8f_1oRsLU

To better view the benefits of G-SYNC, download the original video file, set your monitor to 60 Hz, and view in Windows Media Player.

XB027HU.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8812/acer-announces-two-gaming-monitors-at-ces-2015

from Anandtech:

I want, I really want
  • teaandcigarettes
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    Does anyone here have a U2415? I've been reading good things about it and been thinking to buy one to supplement my aging Dell 2007WFP.
    The only issue I'm seeing is that it has a 16:10 panel, so I'm curious if anyone tried connecting a PS4/Xbox one to it and if they had any issues with setting the correct aspect ratio. I've read that it supports only 16:10, 5:4 and 4:3 which is a really odd choice.

I guess I could go for U2414h, which is a regular 16:9, but I hear that panels are not as nice as in U2415.
  • EarthQuake
    I don't know about hooking up a console to it, but 16:10 is really nice for art. That extra bit of vertical screen space is great for content creation apps. I've said it before but I'll say it again, if you're getting a 1920x1080 screen, it doesn't make much sense to get a 24" or 27" over a 22" or 23" as all you're paying for is bigger pixels, not more work space.

The reason you get those aspect ratios is that its a mid-range monitor meant for work more so than gaming.
  • claydough
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada wrote: »
    I want, I really want

hmmm I wonder what the price on these new ces 2015 announcements will end up as? Didn't think 144mhz 4k was was anywhere near ready for release but u might want to wait fer further development as tech seems to be speeding up again: ( hoping 20nm maxwell is q3 ready as well )
    Asus Unveils ROG Swift PG27AQ 4K IPS G-Sync Gaming Monitor

:poly124:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-rog-swift-pg27aq-4k-uhd-g-sync,28337.html

DSCN1066_w_600.jpg
    Just days ago, Acer revealed its XB270HU, and we thought we’d seen everything with a QHD 144Hz IPS monitor equipped with G-Sync. Were we ever wrong. At a CES press conference Asus showed off something even more extreme: the ROG Swift PG27AQ 4K IPS Gaming Monitor.
    Took awhile on the ROG forums for Asus to admit that their 1440p g-sync swift monitors supported 3dvision as well ( same as the TN version of that Acer monitor )
    Wondering if these might be the first 3dvision ready IPS monitors?

( great times were living in when there might soon be no reason to suffer tn again?! )
  • EarthQuake
    ( great times were living in when there might soon be no reason to suffer tn again?! )

Yeah, good times indeed. e-IPS manufacturing costs are clearly down to the level of TN, or at the very least, cheap enough that they can be used in low end budget monitors. I can't see any justification for continued use of TN panels at this point. Maybe the <$100 market or those crazy "pro gamer" monitors with super low input lag, but even then, current e-IPS and IPS panels are much better than the old 24ms IPS monitors of years gone by.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    EarthQuake wrote: »
    I don't know about hooking up a console to it, but 16:10 is really nice for art. That extra bit of vertical screen space is great for content creation apps. I've said it before but I'll say it again, if you're getting a 1920x1080 screen, it doesn't make much sense to get a 24" or 27" over a 22" or 23" as all you're paying for is bigger pixels, not more work space.

The reason you get those aspect ratios is that its a mid-range monitor meant for work more so than gaming.

That's a fair point. I would say that right now I am looking for something that would be an all-purpose device, but I plan on buying a second screen later on that I would use purely for work. 2415 would be perfect for the price, but not being able to switch between 16:10 and 16:9 is a bit disappointing considering that my old Dell 2007WFP (1680x1050, 16:10) supports that feature. I think I will probably look into buying a 16:9, 23" monitor for now
  • Hayden Zammit
    Offline / Send Message
    Hayden Zammit polycounter lvl 12
    I use a 47 inch Sony Bravia TV for my monitor...is that bad?
  • Odow
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Yes it's really bad for your eyes.
  • claydough
    Offline / Send Message
    hmmm I wonder what the price on these new ces 2015 announcements will end up as? Didn't think 144mhz 4k was was anywhere near ready for release but u might want to wait fer further development as tech seems to be speeding up again: ( hoping 20nm maxwell is q3 ready as well )
    Asus Unveils ROG Swift PG27AQ 4K IPS G-Sync Gaming Monitor

:poly124:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/asus-rog-swift-pg27aq-4k-uhd-g-sync,28337.html

DSCN1066_w_600.jpg

Took awhile on the ROG forums for Asus to admit that their 1440p g-sync swift monitors supported 3dvision as well ( same as the TN version of that Acer monitor )
    Wondering if these might be the first 3dvision ready IPS monitors?

Only g-sync support up to 60hz on 4k so...
    Not quite yet it seems: :(
    A single DisplayPort 1.2 connection is provided which is required to offer G-sync support. Given that the maximum refresh rate is 60Hz on this model it is unlikely that the PG27AQ will offer support for Ultra Low Motion Blur (ULMB) or NVIDIA 3D Vision since those really require higher refresh rates to operate.
    http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/asus-rog-swift-pg27aq-has-a-4k-ips-panel-with-g-sync.html

Oh well...

Considering the TN version of that IPS Acer g-sync model sells for $599
    I think I'll stick to 1440p IPS.
    Also the XB family of Acer g-sync monitors support 3dvision so far ( [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Acer-XB270H-Abprz-27-inch-Widescreen/dp/B00NUCRBCU/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=electronics&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1420897 163&amp;sr=1-1-fkmr0&amp;keywords=Acer+XB270Hu&quot;]1080p TN Acer XB270H[/ame] )
    I am hoping an IPS 3dVision NV surround setup of 27" 1440p monitors will probably be under $2000.
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    soooo I guess I've had an IPS monitor all along and I didn't realize it? I've got a Cintiq 21ux at home and a 22hd at work, Wacom lists the specs as having H-IPS panels. There must be a better panel in the 22hd because the quality is amazing.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Yeah Justin the 22HD panel is fantastic, and the fact it has brightness/contrast/backlight controls is even better. i wish my Dell monitors had an additional backlight control.