Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dining Room - ArchViz - WIP

Hi

So I've been working on some small Architectural Visualisation scenes to gain a better understanding of building for ArchViz

Based on some advice I'm going to be creating WIP threads on here to gain feedback on each stage before I move forward with projects.

Here is a screenshot after the first stage, note this is lit only using direct lighting, shadows and lightmaps need work, the kind of feedback I'm looking for is how it looks proportionately, camera position/angle/FoV, as these are the areas I struggle with the most.

But feel free to give me feedback on any of it.

kTeLMEz.jpg

Thanks
Dan

Replies

• angelofdeath1000
    First off Happy New Year everyone.

I meant to post these updates before Christmas and New Year, but I kept getting distracted, I would welcome any critique/feedback.

I started adding some textures and shaders.

mXJrhpU.jpg
    xAwugWu.jpg

Still to do:
    The hanging lights (need to build the bulb and add the glass shader).
    The painting in the background (Texture is done).
    Final shader tweaks.
    Post Process pass.

Thanks
    Dan
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    what render engine are you using, its pretty flat and uninteresting. The chairs are in the exact same spot as is the plates. The scene overall looks very fake add more variation or interest.

The room needs alot more details like a window border / frame things of that nature, add some more color as well
  • Rawbert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rawbert polycounter lvl 5
    You should try a different angle
    Also like Skyline said, because everything is in the exact same spot / in mirror the image looks really boring and uninteresting.
    Have you looked up for some references ?
    Personaly I would aim for images like this
    laUK7FU.jpg
    uaehpC0.jpg
    gchQF3u.jpg
  • angelofdeath1000
    Thanks for feedback and sorry for the delay in replying.

@skyline5gtr: It's using Unreal Engine 4, There is a UE4 logo in the lower left corner of the renders. Generally speaking the chairs and plates would be in the same spot, but I see what you are getting at. Window frame is also something I overlooked (going to be adding one).

I've been thinking about adding some plants but still trying to work out how to model them, I've never really made any foliage or nature stuff before.

@Rawbert: I'm going to be using different angles in the final renders. I have looked at references. I'm going to be adding some more chairs and a few more props to the scene, Thanks for those images.

Will have anouter update later today.
    Thanks
    Dan
  • JustGarry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JustGarry polycounter lvl 4
    I would desaturate the floor, coming off really strong right now, the ref's posted by Rawbert are great so theres a few things to take from there, looking at the patterned wood floor in the third image, this could be a good way to break up all the parallel lines you have just now. Also a rug would do the same.
  • angelofdeath1000
    @JustGarry: A Rug would be nice, yet I have no idea where to even start with something like that, I'm good at hard surface modelling but beyond that...
  • angelofdeath1000
    Sorry for the delay, It took me longer to create the Tree/Plant than I hoped.

Here is the final image with post process applied, I haven't built on production lighting yet (so I can make any final changes to models/placement before I build).

Od9HUkV.jpg

Thanks
    Dan
  • angelofdeath1000
    And here are the final renders :)

Thanks
    Dan

4d6854_890eee6d479e41b7a2cf0550518b9223.jpg_srz_p_1660_740_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz
    4d6854_2f62d1c422e84d749d1ae4b31877c059.jpg_srz_p_979_437_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz
    4d6854_9d14a7585f96453c98dc239e745f170f.jpg_srz_p_979_437_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz
    4d6854_6947c2b227d74122bac965299e2cbb2d.jpg_srz_p_489_1098_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz