Home General Discussion

Huion tablets?

beaver_knight
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
beaver_knight polycounter lvl 9
Hello there!

Is there anyone who owns Huion tablet? What is your opinion about this device?

I would like to use this tablet for ZBrush work. But searching the internet I could not find any review or comment about working with Huion in ZBrush. :( Maybe some of you have this experience?

Sorry for my english

Replies

• GrevSev
    Offline / Send Message
    GrevSev polycounter lvl 9
    Dont look specifically for Zbrush demonstrations as you'll find little or none I usually find close to nothing anyway.. As long as the pressure sensitivity functions like it should and the drivers aren't utter shit then it should be fine in Zbrush.
  • Racer445
    Offline / Send Message
    Racer445 polycounter lvl 12
    it's a UC Logic tablet like the monoprice and yiynova ones. they've come a long way and now compete with wacom's offerings, mostly thanks to the price point.
  • beaver_knight
    Offline / Send Message
    beaver_knight polycounter lvl 9
    Thank you for the replys, GrevSev and Racer 445!

Racer445, i stumbled across this video on youtube [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0BGJkbM3HQ"]Huion 10x6 Graphics Tablet - 2048 Levels, UC Logic (Monoprice) Digitizer - YouTube[/ame]its shows unboxing of one of the Huion models. Yesterday there was a comment, that said Huion is not UC-Logic tablet, guy contacted UC-Logic to ask this. Today all comment are deleted (strange, huh?).

After seeing the comment i decided to contact UC-Logic myself, i used email provided on official english website. And this is what i got:
    My Email wrote:
    ...I was told that Huion (http://www.huion-tablet.com) uses the UC-Logic technology to manufacture its pen tablets.

So i want to ask you, is Huion use your solution?...
    ...Thanks for your e-mail and your support to UC-Logic products.

Regret to inform you that Huion is not using UC-Logic solution....

Looks like they not actually related.

Sorry for my english :)
  • Savannakhet
    Offline / Send Message
    Savannakhet polycounter lvl 11
    Necro-thread time:

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L9QN3LW?psc=1]This[/ame] appeared in my recommendations on Amazon. It's a £500 Cintiq knock-off with a 21" screen called a Huion GT-220 . Anyone tried one out?

Edit: for some reason vBulletin scrambles the link address by adding a / between the d and the p when you click on the above link: it should be /dp/ not /d/p/
  • Muzzoid
    Offline / Send Message
    Muzzoid polycounter lvl 10
    Dunno about their tablets but they make a damn good light box!
  • Fuiosg
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    For anyone else wondering, I have one of their tablets, the h610.

I find that Frienden guy kind of biased. It certainly is a good tablet for the price and performs well in Zbrush, but it's not a wacom. The major drawback for me is the lack of tilt which I find necessary for freehand illustration. The other issue is that this tablet requires more force to use than wacoms. Drivers have improved it but it still feels exerting after hours of use. Also the drawing area isn't replaceable, at least on my model.

Other than that though, it's a damn good tablet for the price.
  • Gmanx
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    I also have the 610 and find it pretty sturdy and functional - great at the price. I have a Wacom Intuos too - but bought the (much lighter) Huion to pack with a laptop for remote work. Some people bitch about the stylus needing a battery but it's not a problem for me.

Nice touch is that the side buttons work with a lot of drawing programs straight out of the box.

I'd agree with Fuiosg that it needs a heavier touch that a Wacom.
  • Joost
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    Gmanx wrote: »
    I also have the 610 and find it pretty sturdy and functional - great at the price. I have a Wacom Intuos too - but bought the (much lighter) Huion to pack with a laptop for remote work. Some people bitch about the stylus needing a battery but it's not a problem for me.

Can you interchange your wacom and huion tablets without the drivers fucking up? I bought the huion 610 as an alternative for my intuos 4 XL. I just reinstalled my pc and haven't had time to set up my tablets yet but When I tried to install the drivers for the Huion I had to uninstall my wacom drivers for it to work. Though the pressure sensitivity broke after a day.

Also the driver I got off the website didn't support more than 1 monitor and the driver that came on the CD wouldn't install correctly.

The tablet is a really nice size and from my brief tests it worked very well. Though the construction doesn't feel as nice as a wacom.

At this point I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because of the shit drivers.
  • Add3r
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    The only thing I have on more budget centric or competitors to Wacom tablets, is normally the drivers. This normally just kills any real quality competition with Wacom. Also, when people bring up the budget aspect, sure... buying a new product is nice, but the fact that you can get a Intuos4 Medium for like $150?? If you are serious about any computer based art and/or it is your career, $150 is essentially pocket change for the quality, reliability, and the work you can complete with the tool.

As for the build quality, based on reviews of the tablet, it seems like a solid product at price point and about as close to a wacom competitor as you are going to get. But... drivers. The Achilles heel.
  • Gmanx
    Offline / Send Message
    Gmanx polycounter lvl 19
    komaokc wrote: »
    Can you interchange your wacom and huion tablets without the drivers fucking up? I bought the huion 610 as an alternative for my intuos 4 XL. I just reinstalled my pc and haven't had time to set up my tablets yet but When I tried to install the drivers for the Huion I had to uninstall my wacom drivers for it to work. Though the pressure sensitivity broke after a day.

Also the driver I got off the website didn't support more than 1 monitor and the driver that came on the CD wouldn't install correctly.

The tablet is a really nice size and from my brief tests it worked very well. Though the construction doesn't feel as nice as a wacom.

At this point I wouldn't recommend it to anyone because of the shit drivers.

I would agree that the drivers can be hit and miss. The ones that ship with the tablet are hopelessly outdated. I don't use Wacom and Huion on the same machine, so can't vouch for whether the drivers clash or not. I bought my Huion as a backup and to test its efficacy. If you're going to rely on this as your main interface, I'd go with the Wacom.
  • mats effect
    I have a Huion H610 its awesome and costs a lot less than its wacom counterpart from what I can see. The drivers on the disk are awful though throw it out and download the latest from their site.
  • PyrZern
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    Also been using a Huion for a year now. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DM00B9A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Huion 8 x 6 Inches Digital Graphic Drawing Tablet - 680s Black: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

Great price and no problem thus far for me.
  • iadagraca
    Offline / Send Message
    iadagraca polycounter lvl 5
    Thats not too much cheaper than the budget intuos models though...

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Wacom-Intuos-Small-Tablet-CTL480/dp/B00EN27TCI/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1418937086&sr=1-4&keywords=wacom"]Amazon.com: Wacom Intuos Pen Small Tablet (CTL480): Electronics[/ame]