Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] Ravenborn Leblanc

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
lasoob polycounter lvl 8
My finished shots:

ndy4PpQ.jpg
IhyoYQW.jpg
PJcFZxy.jpg

[sketchfab]20cbef3497c44d83866af0917eafab5c[/sketchfab]
Ravenborn Leblanc by laurasueb on Sketchfab

Replies

• lasoob
    Offline / Send Message
    lasoob polycounter lvl 8
    Started her tonight. Spent a couple hours just blocking in some forms, mainly of the face. I'll block everything in first and then refine the shapes and add detail.
    Can't wait to get to the texturing though :)
  • lasoob
    Offline / Send Message
    lasoob polycounter lvl 8
  • lasoob
    Offline / Send Message
    lasoob polycounter lvl 8
    NGsTqgN.jpg

Not getting much time to continue on this during the week but hopefully this weekend I'll get the high poly finished and gradually make the low poly and uvs during next week.

C&C would be really appreciated at this stage.
  • Kazefield
    Offline / Send Message
    Kazefield polycounter lvl 3
  • lasoob
    Offline / Send Message
    lasoob polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks man :)tVBzLxb.jpg
    Pretty much got my block in done. Will spend tomorrow detailing each item and refining the shapes.
  • lasoob
    Offline / Send Message
    lasoob polycounter lvl 8
    I feel her top needs to be shortened a little so that there's less fabric below the waist so I'll make that change too
  • lasoob
    Offline / Send Message
    lasoob polycounter lvl 8
    Changed up her face and got carried away laying in a base for when I texture her later.
    BRbnPSy.jpg

Also did make her waist smaller and I think it looks much better.

in0xOm1.jpg
  • lasoob
    Offline / Send Message
    lasoob polycounter lvl 8
    dLedbD0.jpg

Finally gotten around to making the low poly version. I feel I'm usually pretty economical with my polys but this is quite low poly for me. really enjoyed the challenge of keeping it low and it was definitely a learning curve for me. Realized how much info can be brought across onto a far simpler form.

I've included a wireframe shot and a top down for the purposes of seeing the silhouette from a more useful angle. Worlds biggest boobs but the concept had them like that so whatevs lol

Now onto the best part, texturing!!! I've never attempted this sort of hand painted look before but I love looking at other people's work in that style so hope I do a good job.

I do intend to make her staff too but want to get the rest of her finished first.

As always, c & c would be greatly appreciated :)
  • Neer
    Offline / Send Message
    Neer polycounter lvl 4
    Nice i love this skin. Looking good so far.

Ill try to give you a little texture feedback. I feel like her cheeks might be a bit too dark redish, and its really contrasting with the highlights on the side of her lip particulaly. Id just soften up the face a bit and maybe close the eyes just a tad. I know the rest is still very WIP so its hard to crit. Hope that helps.
  • lasoob
    Offline / Send Message
    lasoob polycounter lvl 8
    Yea I'll definitely be including bounced light from the hair which would cool off the warm tones in her cheeks anyway. I want to go for a coolish theme overall like in the concept (do you think this would work?) but I shoved on some colours while I was in Zbrush just to help me visualise. I figured I'd rig her so I'll close the eyes a tad later.
  • lasoob
    Offline / Send Message
    lasoob polycounter lvl 8
    Not finished ofc but wanted to see what she'd look like against summoner's rift. Her weapon still needs to be textured so I'll show that tomorrow.

l6ZZXpV.jpg

I also changed up some of the colours to make them cooler toned and tried to make the cape stand out by not making it purple too. Starting to paint the feathers.

yaMgGLX.jpg
  • lasoob
    Offline / Send Message
    lasoob polycounter lvl 8
    I missed the deadline but I'm happy with how it all came out and will make a good portfolio piece. I'll upload a turnaround soon if I can ever get it working
  • kommtdas
    I have seen your model in the game awesome!!! I like it!:)