Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fender Precision Bass

Hey all,

Started a new little project, a fender squier p-bass in its case, hope you like ;)

GeENb5C.jpg

Everything achieved with 3ds max and rendered with Vray

Replies

• Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    Hm, something is hurting this a lot and Im trying to find out what

Im pretty sure the texture for the red foam drags it down, and the body of the guitar itself
    If you made the foam no signal color and something more neutral, (with less contrast, the noise just looks dirty) and the guitar red or something more exciting, it would look a lot better in my opinion. This dark brownish gradient looks kinda messy but the guitar is the main prop in the scene. If you dont like that idea at all, then maybe just tone down the contrast of the red and increase resolution if possible. The caps of the cable also look like plastic, aside that it seems really nice
  • lordsme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lordsme polycounter lvl 8
    Nice work! I think too that if you fix some details it's going to be great :)
    I'd also check the floor, it seems a bit strange to me because it looks very flat... I think it should be a little bit glossy, at least in some non ruined parts...
    I'd also bend a little the top of the case, it's too straight and looks a lot CG! Maybe also add some displacement to break the silhouette a bit:D
  • fab-camp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fab-camp polycounter lvl 6
    nice modeling on the bassguitar!

but the rendering could be improved a lot!
    Right now the lightingg loos kind of flat. its all to mid-gray
    also as Shrike said, try to improve that material in the inner case. is it velvet ?
    if you render in vray, you might simulate a complex but great looking velvvet material.
    also stronger refllections on the guitar itself might make it pop more and tell abbout the room and the material
    ah and you might roung the edges in the case interiour. at least that is what i would expect from a bass-case like this.

keep it up, you can make that an impressive image !
  • petdenez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toned down the velvet a bit, I think it somewhat helped.. Also changed completely the style of the body, i'm gonna try a few different colors for the body/velvet and see what looks the best

Update:

4BtCT50.jpg
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    Def better! my first reaction was that your first image was 3D and then one you posted now was your reference :)
  • AlexJWhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd go back and revisit the floor still as the others mentioned, it doesn't feel like it has enough depth, and also maybe look at the material on the corners of the case. I have one of the old bose hard-cases for my bass, and even after 20 years, it still has some shiny metallic bits between the corrosion. As it is the plating on yours doesn't really feel like a specific material in my opnion.
  • Kaine123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kaine123 polycounter lvl 10
    I would really tone down the felt inside the case. It looks really grimey at the moment. I think the dark grey case leather is freikkin spot on tho.