Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My adventure with 3d

Hello everyone!
I'm Mateusz Katzig and I'm currently a year 1 student of Game Art Design at De Montfort University, Leicester, UK.
Even though my goal is to be an concept artist I truly enjoy 3d modelling and I would love to show what I'm modelling to you, Polycount community, hoping for feedback and tips how I could improve my skills.

Here it goes, first think I'd like to show.
Low poly (586 tris) World of Warcraft stylised dagger with handpainted texture.

Final render lit and rendered in 3ds Max 2014.
A0tAUEV.jpg
Wireframe, diffuse and normal map:
EWL6DgZ.jpg
QaRnwKK.jpg

I hope the way of presentation is correct, if I should include something more please let me know, I'll deliver. I appreciate every feedback and tips and I'm not scared of critique. Thanks you.

Replies

• PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    The handle will benefits from black outlines and strong normal map.
  • MateuszKatzig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for getting back so late. Thanks for advice, I should've definitely put more effort into the handle and make normals for it, my fault. Next time I'll do better.

Recently I did another assignment which was sci-fi crate. Since I don't have a model on me right now I'll post everything together tomorrow: renders, wireframes and textures.

Thanks for feedback!
  • MateuszKatzig
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My Sci-Fi crate project as I've promised.

I've modelled and rendered it in 3ds Max 2014, 586 tris low poly model. AO baked on diffuse, normal, glosiness and specular map. 512x512.

GhyFUAV.png
    YEfq52P.jpg
    Diffuse (AO baked)
    PpFQlsb.jpg
    AO
    pXAvpwv.jpg
    Normal
    ffD4y7A.jpg
    Gloss
    0poY8qF.jpg
    Spec
    NmGET6U.jpg

Any critique, tips and help much appreciated :)