Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Environment Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Sharvo

keyframe
Offline / Send Message
Sharvo keyframe
Hello,

So its been awhile since i have done and 3d work (last time was the golf challenge on here) so i thought it would be best to try and get on with something and this competition sounds good!

Started off with some quick ideas in photoshop mainly some random shapes. I have done a few more detailed drawings that i need to scan in. These shapes are just a starting point for wither dens, turrets or inhibators...

If you see anything cool in these, let me know.

Good luck all...

base_and_turrets.png

Replies

• Sharvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharvo keyframe
    Just encase those weren't enough i scanned in my sketches of some den ideas... I think i could develop and push a few of these further, my prefered ones are the spider web one, coral one and the stonehenge idea. I plan to do a few more of these, but let me know as always what you think...

den001.jpg
  • Sharvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharvo keyframe
    Decided to do some pintovers of some screens, as it is really useful to see how these might look in the game, i have decided to continue some ideas with the dens, taking ideas from my initial drawings. I like the rock formation with a bit of heat the most, followed by the fallen tree one with the third being inspired partly by Charlie and the chocolate factory!

paintover1.jpg

paintover2.jpg

paintover3.jpg
  • PoLLuX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PoLLuX polycounter lvl 5
    I really like your Creep Den concepts, I find the coral one very interesting and it would be nice to see more of that one. Anyway keep up the good work :)
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 18
    I just want to make sure you saw this post with the update to the rules:

Hi everyone,

At Riot Games, we have a very strong feedback culture. We pivot and make adjustments when things can be done better or are not working. In the spirit of this culture and after internal conversations with feedback from the community, we have decided to make some tweaks to the environment section of the contest. You can now choose to create the turret or the inhibitor rather than being required to create both. We want to make sure we are giving everyone enough time to create assets that you are proud of and able to finish in time for the December 19th deadline.

We are also tweaking the animation com petition and not have animators pick an established character since animating a specific character without the exact model will be difficult. We want to see solid animations that are keeping the animation style of LoL in mind when creating these ability assets.

We thank you for your understanding and look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

-Kenny
  • Sharvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharvo keyframe
    Hey all,

Its been awhile. I went away for a few days to the Peak District and saw some amazing views, landscapes and environments, which has led me to the idea of some sort of ritual/burial idea.

Below is another paintover and also some sketches i have recently done. I think i am going to go with one of the ideas from these sketches for the den. However, i am a bit worried that these dens are a bit over the top as the rules say a tree or rock will do... and the images they provided aren't near where the creeps are at the moment so i think i might make my design universal so that it will look good in various places.

scans.jpg

paintover4.jpg
  • Sharvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharvo keyframe
    Not the most exciting update - but I have dusted off zbrush, I haven't used it in ages and now that I have a bamboo, the amount of control you can get is crazy, cant believe I use to try and use a mouse for zbrush!

I am pretty happy with this tree, its not the best thing in the world but I think it will give me a good starting point on my actual tree. But if you do have any thoughts on it let me know.

Tree_HP_Comp.jpg

I think the tops are a bit bobbly I am not sure what sort of brush I should be using to give some hard edges to the top :(
  • DefiledVisions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DefiledVisions polycounter lvl 4
    Heya Sharvo, nice start! a combination of Flatten, Hard Polish and Pinch brushes in Zbrush will be able to give you some nice hard edges. Try them out!

I feel its a bit hard to give feedback on the tree without seeing it in the scene, the concept however looks nice :] not so sure about the candles though - it feels like they don't belong there (why would someone put candles like that out in the woods? if you get what I mean)
  • Sharvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharvo keyframe
    Thanks for the advice will try them out, when I next get to work on this. As for the candles I imagined the place as a bit of a spiritual/ritual area. But can easily take them out... Thanks for commenting though!
  • Sharvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharvo keyframe
    So, i decided last night that i wasnt enjoying my den idea, so went back over some of my drawings and decided to a bit of a ritual mount with some rock formations coming out of the mount. Lots of wild flowers and a sort of stonehenge creep entrance with some glowing symbols coming off them. Let me know if you think this is a better direction a quick mock up below of what i am thinking...

EDIT_ just saw anglorum thread, i might need to change my design a bit as it looks a bit similar to one of his ideas...

paintover5.jpg
  • Sharvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharvo keyframe
    So, did a base sculpt for the ground, mainly rock at the moment. need to add some other details to it mainly mud and grass and some of the top needs some love. But relatively happy with this.

Once again thanks to Defiled for is tips on brushes they came in handy :)

RockBase_Comp.jpg
  • Sharvo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sharvo keyframe
    Should have looked at my concept I did, I went away from it a bit and im not sure of what I am producing. Especially the purple flowers I have at the moment. I think I need to go back to my old color scheme and I am not happy with my ground at the moment.

Not sure if I will get it done for deadline...

3d_progress.jpg