Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Police character

j.pears
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
j.pears polycounter lvl 4
Hey all, here's a police character ive been working on for a project i was recently part of, ill post the progress up to current state. Feel free to leave any feedback and crit.
Cheers.

TVw8GKk.jpg?1

LKi6cst.jpg?1

omSybwA.jpg?1

mDEQ9jj.jpg?1

5yVYsPS.jpg?1

qFsrNEf.jpg?1

jLnoFAI.jpg?1

Replies

• zearou
    Looks good! the folds are specially pleasing to view for me. The anatomy good too, if I would to nit-pick I'll say that the lobe of the ear is a bit flat.. might not be a problem anatomically speaking but still it's the only thing to improve I could think of.

can you share the way you made the planes for the hair? did you make them in maya/3ds max or used insert mesh in Zbrush? or some other way?
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch polycounter
    Very cool man, the hair looks like it was done with Fibremesh, is that right?
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Just commented on your scifi guy's thread. This sculpt looks much better overall...anatomy is sharper and the cloth looks better as well. I think the folds could still use more depth though...at least the major ones. I'm guessing the folds are just sculpted? Try doing some subtle masking and pushing and pulling with the move tool to get more depth if you haven't already. I definitely see improvement from character to character though...nice work!
  • zearou
    Torch wrote: »
    Very cool man, the hair looks like it was done with Fibremesh, is that right?

You can turn Fibermesh into planes?
  • j.pears
    Offline / Send Message
    zearou wrote: »
    Looks good! the folds are specially pleasing to view for me. The anatomy good too, if I would to nit-pick I'll say that the lobe of the ear is a bit flat.. might not be a problem anatomically speaking but still it's the only thing to improve I could think of.

can you share the way you made the planes for the hair? did you make them in maya/3ds max or used insert mesh in Zbrush? or some other way?

thanks for the comments so far, ok ill try flesh it out a bit. and i made the hiar planes in 3ds max and tweeked in zbrush
  • j.pears
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh wrote: »
    Just commented on your scifi guy's thread. This sculpt looks much better overall...anatomy is sharper and the cloth looks better as well. I think the folds could still use more depth though...at least the major ones. I'm guessing the folds are just sculpted? Try doing some subtle masking and pushing and pulling with the move tool to get more depth if you haven't already. I definitely see improvement from character to character though...nice work!

ah thanks man, yeh been doing a bit more work on it and yes their just sculpted. ill have a play with the depth. i find i always under do stuff in case i over do it lol.
  • Torch
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch polycounter
    zearou wrote: »
    You can turn Fibermesh into planes?

Yup, I think Mike Pavlovich goes into detail on it in this Dvd, haven't seen it in ages but pretty sure its that one! http://eat3d.com/zbrush4_character
  • zearou
    j.pears wrote: »
    thanks for the comments so far, ok ill try flesh it out a bit. and i made the hiar planes in 3ds max and tweeked in zbrush

I see, thanks.
    Torch wrote: »
    Yup, I think Mike Pavlovich goes into detail on it in this Dvd, haven't seen it in ages but pretty sure its that one! http://eat3d.com/zbrush4_character

Ohhh I just found a video in ZBrush classroom that shows how to do it! I've been Zbrushing wrong all along!! Thanks man! you made my day.