Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

870 - MCS Breacher - WIP

Hey PC, so I've been working on and off this piece for the past few months. I've just finished my bakes and I thought I'd throw up a few shots. I'm pretty happy with the bake, but before I move on to texturing I thought I'd get some outside eyes on this just in case I've missed something.

HIGHPOLY
wwrllsD.jpg
J9oQ6UY.jpg
RGAsdRN.jpg

LOWPOLY - 11,857 tris
MumgFNc.jpg
nhlIKMe.jpg
8WUoiVq.jpg

All crits or comments welcome!

Replies

• Ghostman511
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want to get started on texturing later today so I'm going to give this a bump.
    All crits and comments welcome :)
  • 3dReaper
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3dReaper polycounter lvl 4
    This looks awesome! I like the detail on the grip.

I am thinking about creating an 870 as well.

Any progress?
  • Ghostman511
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thanks! unfortunately not really.. just started a new job and had to move giving up my home computer. Once I save up some money and buy a new pc I will be. Goodluck on your 870, its fun to model!
  • JoshWilkinson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
    I really like this but something feels off and I can't quite figure it out. The shells attached to the side, the attached rail and the breaching muzzle brake look awesome. The curved, organic pump and grip look awesome. But together, they look like they clash. I can see the shells and brake being part of a very aggressive modern shotgun and the grip/ pump look very steampunk-ish. I'm not sure, maybe I have just never seen real world reference of that so I'm assuming materials that you haven't yet executed.

And I don't think you should necessarily change anything; this looks fun and unique. I just think you now have to make extra sure that your texture brings more cohesion than the high poly. And I'm very, very curious to see progress.
  • GrungyStudios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrungyStudios polycounter lvl 8
    God damn that is a smooth bake