Home Quixel Megascans

LIVE Streaming Courses:

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Shanteez polycounter lvl 5
Okay Quixel TEAM:

Lets get some workflow LIVE training started... I have models I'm willing to donate...

The point is, Quixel Suite has a very unique and specific workflow.

User's are experiencing crashes and getting headaches because they aren't properly or can't understand following that workflow per se

Having a Quixel instructor or instructors, while following along texturing simple projects, will allow us to get the intended workflow the program was designed for and strengthens the user community and involvement.

I have a short attention span to empty literature which isn't directly addressing my exact problem, and forums are TIME consuming and random...

I would say one day a week, for 30 minutes to an hour going over topics LIVE with our community...

Whatchu say? :)

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Its a great idea and something we're really trying to do. I will pulls some strings and see what we can come up with! Very kind of you to donate your models as well :)
  • SpaceJunkee
  • Shanteez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome.

You don't have to impress us with elaborate tutorials. We already realize that QUIXEL is AWESOME!

Lets just meet up for a brief topic at a time.
    ID Maps, Importing and EXPORTING MAPS within other programs or GAME ENGINES, CONTROLLING LAYER STACKS for added detail such as dirt, DEALING with REALISM for NEXT GEN Character Development etc...

Eventually once I'm good enough I plan on contributing with instructional videos...

Thanks for your time!

P.S

My school uses Team Viewer
    http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

I've used Adobe Connect and it's powerful
    http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconnect.html
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suggestions for what those topics should be? are there any particular parts of the suite you guys and gals would like to see?

@shanteez we posted at the same time so i didnt see yours, great suggestions!
  • Shanteez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool. I was playing in Verold importing a project. I'm still extremely shy with my work. I learned how to sculpt in Zbrush before I realized how to texture. So I've been learning decimation, re-topology, laying UV's and creating maps. I have allot to learn but it's been over a year since school and I've got a bit of a grasp on most things...
    I'm generating my maps in Zbrush,Maya,Knald and XNormal...
    Zbrush for tangent space normal
    I take that to Knald and create my Height, AO, and Cavity.
    Then I use the tangent space normal to create a OBJSPC normal in XNormal.
    Lastly I create my ID map in Maya with the plug-gin included in the suite...

its allot of work to do just before entering the Quixel Suite but I'm fine with it because I enjoy dropping the textures on my mesh.
    I just need further help with controlling the layer stacks. I find adding the details to the normal's in 2D better than sculpting on them. So I need a workflow for going back and forth from DDO to NDO.
  • BearByrnes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd love to see some form of workflow tutorial. Teddy's primer video was great to get started, but it would be great to see a full walkthrough/stream about best practices in the SUITE and how to create variation in your work. I.e adding details, controlling masks properly and customizing materials so that things don't always look so "out of the box" if you know what I mean. I think a good foundation/fundamentals stream would be great and might help newer users eliminate some of their first headaches with using the tools. Love what you guys are doing and I can't wait to get the next update!

Cheers,
  • Shanteez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great suggestions BearByrnes! Quixel has made me fall in love with TEXTURING! Can't wait to communicate more with you guys while learning "best practiced workflows"!!!
  • MyUDKDream
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MyUDKDream polycounter lvl 5
    I couldn't agree more, I think it would be cool to see a remake of the AK-47 but with the new QUIXEL Suite.
  • Shanteez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want to see some secrets in unlocking that perfect workflow into Rendering for realism! I wanna blow some people away with my demo reel. I'm thinking of purchasing Keyshot instead of Marmoset. I prefer the interface of Keyshot, plus Keyshot is BRIDGED with ZBRUSH 4R7 and that bridge is very affordable.

So I really wanna see a tutorial on getting my maps out and rendering organics in Keyshot!
  • aintnobody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aintnobody polycounter lvl 3
    I love that idea too. Yes please, let's do it! I managed to apply materials to my models and I was blown away by how good it looked in the Quixel preview but I'm not sure where to go from there to make it render like that outside of PS. Where do you go from there?
  • spectre1130
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    spectre1130 polycounter lvl 6
    I'm really hoping this happens. I'm looking at hopefully texturing my first game asset soon in NDO/DDO, but am kind of at a loss on how to really work in DDO properly. Some of the short videos are great for people who already have a grasp on the Suite, not so much for a noob like me-I seem to be a slower learner in most of the software I try to tackle.