Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UDK] Crysis 2 Hallway

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
Crysis_2_Concept_Art_by_Viktor_Jonsson_08a.jpg
Going to be tackling this environment piece as a first environment.

kNPCJSU.png

Here is the blockout in max, I tried to match the perspective of it but didn't do a very good job, and some sizes are off, so I might revisit the blockout after I have modelled some props.

Replies

• theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    This looks like a fun challenge! One thing I'd say though would be to try to line up the camera settings as well as the angle I can see the perspectives aren't quite matching so it's hard to tell how accurate the object placement is . I am thinking though that the near door could be wider.
  • Joltya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joltya polycounter lvl 10
    There's a tool in 3DS Max called perspective match that's used for doing things like this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rswNzZoVLh8"]3ds Max 2014 New Features: Perspective Match - YouTube[/ame]
  • Elod.H
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elod.H polycounter lvl 11
    Crysis 2 hallway in UDK, sounds interesting :) .
    Definitely look into the Perspective Match tool, will ease your task. Why not go UE4 with this?
  • Poinball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poinball polycounter lvl 6
    I lov3 this concept art !

I cant wait to see it in 3D
  • SaboR1996
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
    @Elod.H The reason I'm not using UE4 is because I my PC runs it at about 15 frames and that's kind of unbearable and I also don't own it, as of yet, it runs UDK pretty badly but at least I can kind of use it and I don't have the money on me to upgrade currently

For perspective related questions, I tried using the perspective match but it didnt match up very well, but I have to redo the blockout anyway because I accidently saved over it (oops) So I guess there is no harm in trying.

Thanks for all the feedback once I figure out the problem with max and my PC I'll finally get started