Home Dota 2

Weapon handle

DestroyerGR
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
DestroyerGR polycounter lvl 5
This this has been bugging me since like FOREVER

Are there any good tutorials for the wraps around the handle of weapons?
for ex
Xv5t5BF.jpg?1
like the ones shown in this pic ?

Any tutorials?

Replies

• bewsii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bewsii polycounter lvl 9
    It's pretty simple, actually. If you're using zBrush, just mask off the strips you want to turn into leather straps, inverse the mask selection and then use the inflate option under deformation to raise them.

From there you can experiment with masking inside of the straps and using inflate/inflate balloon with different mask strengths to give you the curled edges. Or you can just use a brush while holding alt to dig in. There's a few ways to do straps, so just play around until you find results you like.

EDIT: To extend on that even more, if you're wanting to 'overlay' the straps across each other, do the masking of each strap individually or they will inflate at the same size together. So do one strap mask, inverse the mask, inflate that.. then mask the second one with a piece going over the first one, same process.. then do some clean up since it will be raising that overlayed section twice as high.
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bewsii wrote: »
    It's pretty simple, actually. If you're using zBrush, just mask off the strips you want to turn into leather straps, inverse the mask selection and then use the inflate option under deformation to raise them.

From there you can experiment with masking inside of the straps and using inflate/inflate balloon with different mask strengths to give you the curled edges. Or you can just use a brush while holding alt to dig in. There's a few ways to do straps, so just play around until you find results you like.

well i did the 1st part the inflate one but i dont quite know what to do afterwards.. :/
    which brush should i use?
    +i have another question
    in this particular weapon some straps go in some others..how can i do that?(dont know if you get what i mean)
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bewsii wrote: »

EDIT: To extend on that even more, if you're wanting to 'overlay' the straps across each other, do the masking of each strap individually or they will inflate at the same size together. So do one strap mask, inverse the mask, inflate that.. then mask the second one with a piece going over the first one, same process.. then do some clean up since it will be raising that overlayed section twice as high.

ty very much ill try it later :)<3
  • [NB] Mohsen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [NB] Mohsen polycounter lvl 3
    On this video, It shows a different way of making the handle all he uses is one brush but using both Zadd and Zsub for makingsome straps go into one another around the 52 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1CqkzmHko
  • whatever
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow bewsi,thanks much!
  • DestroyerGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    On this video, It shows a different way of making the handle all he uses is one brush but using both Zadd and Zsub for makingsome straps go into one another around the 52 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p1CqkzmHko

ty very much,it was really enlightening!