Home Technical Talk

Render farm issue??

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
melviso polycounter lvl 10
Hello guys, does anyone know what might be causing this error in Muster Console- Exit code 3 differs from expected code(0).

I checked the submisssion it seems some cpus are rejecting the 3dsmax file.It says something about frame 0.Anyone know what could be causing this?

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Every time I get an error message, and I can't figure out the solution on my own, I enter the error code into Google, and usually get a ton of solutions.

I just did this with yours, and there's a solution in the first link. Did you try this?
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes,
    http://www.vvertex.com/forum/read.php?5,438

http://www.vvertex.com/forum/read.php?5,360

The guy says something about a workpath flag is passed to the command line.I have no idea on how tpo go about this.

In the second thread,he says- 'seams Max is searching the contents relative to the project location rather than the absolute network path. what may cause the issue is the workPath flag. While you point it to the project folder, Muster points it to a temporary folder, this is required to avoid clashing of multiple max instances trying to create a temporary file on the project folder. LInking any content with an absolute path should fix your issues.'

What does he mean by absolute path??He tends to use twisted english that comes from being a programmer.I have no idea what he is talking about. Can u please explain to me what I need to do? How do I set up an absolute path in muster console? I really need to get some renders done today.Thanks.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haven't used Muster so I couldn't say. But I do know you can set bitmaps to use network paths, which simplifies a lot of network rendering headaches. http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-DAD66E1A-C146-4528-BD02-C7EB99798671
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks,Eric.

There is an utility in 3dsmax that converts all ur file paths to UNC.I tried it out, some of the cpus are now rendering the frames while the rest are still giving the frame o error with exit code 3.
    I just wish this dude had been more elaborate on how to go about setting up the workpath flag or whatever it's called.
    I might have to try and see if I can approach it the way the dude in the second thread did it.Problem is he is an IT person.I am not.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Does Muster have installation instructions?
    Does it have instructions for running the farm?
    Have you tried asking on their forum?
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I met with the IT staff in my school.They are saying there is a missing plugin.Thats why.The plugin is called AnchorHelper object. I have even tried even submitting an empty 3dsmax file to the render farm. Its still giving that error. I am at a loss at what to do.