Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: robschia

I started working on Blender about a week ago, this is what I've done until now.
Critiques are very welcomed!

Low poly water:
cmfMf1r.jpg

Grass hills:
hyvLZSn.png

Low poly house:
83mgKQL.png

[SKETCHFAB]1aa37a8cee154aef9da508ffd4804b98[/SKETCHFAB]

Wooden cart:
[sketchfab]5c5f9b5788d34683805f8a8043a37915[/sketchfab]

Axe:
[sketchfab]32503ea41fe649bbbedba6531bd1586e[/sketchfab]

I've never painted in my life, so I'm having huuuge issues texturing my models. Everything is textureless, but at least something has diffuse materials. Moreover, I can't afford a wacom so I have to use mouse/touchpad, a huge pain in the ***.

This is my one and only try to make some texture, it seems pretty fake because I still cannot figure out how to paint realistic cracks and details.
fr4Z5Hb.png

PS: something could seem familiar to you, that's because they're from online tutorials.

Replies

• robschia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First attempts to study color blending
    nSoPpug.png
    us5LoQf.png
  • robschia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chainmail in Blender
    4Hio9os.png

Phoenix sketch
    1yeTes1.png
  • WeAreInsanity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a tip as far as texturing goes. If you're not able to use a tablet to paint them manually, you can try using some stock images from around the web. There's plenty of sites out there that offer free stock images you can use; find something with some good cracks there and use your photoshop (or gimp or whatever you might be using) skills to make something nice.

Also, keep in mind that not every texture needs to be perfectly realistic for the image to feel real. Keeping it loose and organic can be used to great effect. You might not think of cracks in stone as being "organic," but in truth they are in that they're usually not formed mechanically or deliberately, meaning that you can afford to be an artist rather than an engineer with them.

Besides that, practice, practice, practice. Is Blender your first 3D program that you've worked with?