Home Dota 2

FiNNick's workshop

Hello guys.
I'm extremely newbee in this kind of doings, but my soul wanted to make a battle things)
so, my :
First item on slark
86225081065c.jpg

Vote up, pls

Then was tryings to go Furion stuff
this: 092ae44c8b5d.jpg
or this : 4186100309d0.jpg
i also tryied to do it in ZBrush :9b30fca4249c.jpg

and after was attempt to make an Ember weapon:
Scketch:
26102892be62.jpg
HighPoly
c8c68dcace77.png
and crying retopo:
7de6118a913e.png
in game - interesting for me, but particles-awfull
Pictures:
Vote up, pls

Concepts:
First set (loved CM , she is so cute)
3 kinds of head:
85955fd8e0cd.jpg
2a7bdebfa03d.jpg
6fd58730abf0.jpg

Sketches:
Alleria sketch:6cfdbd593a96.jpg

Silencer sketch:
0b8576080dbb.jpg

Dk sketch:
2160b87badf7.jpg

If someone wants to constructively criticize, or give some advice - please do not hesitate to do it) Thx

Replies

• FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Now made a Shadow Demon concept, believe that it'll be enough poly limits5b68451b02af.jpg
    If anybody want to try - just say it
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And after some thoughts - have decided that it's need some details, so try to do it
    cf1c68115324.jpg
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying to do a bow in color. quicky try, without details
    4403e39ffcbb.jpg

Guys, when u write commentaries - u make a world a bit sunny ^_^\
    Do not hesitate
  • Todestomate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is my feedback, hope it can help you:
    for the shadowdemon, I think there is too much cloth hanging around. as a belt it is fine, and I like the ornaments you put there, but on the chest it looks a bit like a mixture between a poncho and a toga ;) I would defintely remove the front, the back can stay. for the belt I would add elements you used in your design, so maybe make that gem and some chains around the waist.
    For the chains, right now the look weird. either you just have two or three chains hangin around, or you could place the chains all over his torso, so that they look less decorative and more like a restraint.
    the windrunner bow looks a bit plain, being just one color and all. mix it a bit up, maybe different materials!
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is my feedback,.... materials!

Thank u, first commentory, which is really important for me...

SD: Maybe u right, and i'll try to clear a cloak from front part of it, and then move the gem at centre, adding some chains...

WR: it's only a 5 min filling in basic color for me, I will try to make a bow more various in color, well and then will add details, and try to recreate the texture of wood
    Also wanted to do some glowing at the spheres
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Today:
    rework front part of clothes ^_^
    Is it better than was?
    Give a two ways for gem's color, if first is so bright - can make it a bit darker,also at 3rd picture make a chains some pinky,
    But in end thining that chain isn't good...
    b2736a98e928.jpg
    46bb0583bac2.jpg
    226559a513c2.jpg

Some advises?
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also thinking that this front cloak as a warm plastic, decided to make something instead of it
    9be24dad5d79.jpg
    or
    845d85ca08dd.jpg
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    And really quick sketch Enchantress rose set
    in grey color for 2 minutes, need to go home
    18ec3f0c2ef6.jpg

And don't forget - i'm noobie in graphics, but want to haer a reall usefull advises)
    Thx
  • BladeofEvilsBane
    SD is looking cool! I think the most useful bit of advice would be to really cut back on the details. Think of how to make your design readable from afar. remember with these models that in game you will be seeing them from above 99% of the time, and far away at that. This will make your details blur and make the item look really messy. For instance limit the chain links to 5-6 instead of 50 to make it read in game. Good luck!
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SD is looking cool! I think ... in game. Good luck!

Thx, yes, it one of my problems, i can't make a simple model,instead of model with a lot of details, but i'll try.
    thx for advise, i'm so happy that smb say that one of my picture is interesting)thx)
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Todays work^
    Making a color, adding shadings, thinking that it can be interesting)
    dc1f4319af3f.jpg

Enough for today.
    Waiting ur commentaries)
    ths
  • ILM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ILM polycounter lvl 7
    Dude, make more shape and less detail.
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying to do all my best...
    if anybody can offer a help-i'll be really regret u
    64ab0bf436c8.jpg
  • Xajai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xajai polycounter lvl 3
    i would recommend you check out sd's animations, his shoulders move quite a bit, and those spikes being to close together will be a bitch to bind correctly. also, the tunic looks a bit too common, consider using some buckle, or wear and tear in the corners.
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thinking thats this is enough for today,
    babc5ffd38cd.jpg
    7880bb278904.jpg
    f3d3f25766c7.jpg
    thinking that it one of the last steps for this set in HighPoly....
    Any addictions and advises?
    Maybe anybody want to help me? Or anybody want to make particles?
    All in all, thx this forum and people who "lived" on it
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, i'm make my set, but now i hwve a problem...can anyone help me or explain theme with points&weights... 'cause my things aren't ok
  • Chaos Prophet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    all is bad. sorry
  • Godzy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Godzy polycounter lvl 6
    all is bad. sorry

what the actual fuck!?!?
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    all is bad. sorry

Thats just rude, atleast give him some input on why you think all of it is bad.

@FinNick

The detail on the cloth is too high, that's the main reason why it looks strange, as for the shoulder piece, It just looks like some giant spikes coming out of the cloth. It needs more work on the intersection between the cloth and the spikes. The tail seems kind of fat and pudgy, maybe trim it down.
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    all is bad. sorry

Thx for explanation, you awesome
    Thats just rude, atleast give him some input on why you think all of it is bad.

@FinNick

The detail on the cloth is too high, that's the main reason why it looks strange, as for the shoulder piece, It just looks like some giant spikes coming out of the cloth. It needs more work on the intersection between the cloth and the spikes. The tail seems kind of fat and pudgy, maybe trim it down.

Ok, thx for some unnesesary as Chaos Prophet thinking words.
    It was a trying some alpha on clothes and understanding a whole programm in all parts.
    Make a big spikes 'cause want to make a bigger scars on the, which should look in game interesting, but maybe make them so giantical, will try to improve it.
    Improved tail, cause it droping down to texture in game .

Can smb-dy say is it interesting concepts or ordinary ?

thx all who constructively critisized me)
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Smth new
    Concept for PA
    9563085b244c.jpg
    trying to do by themselves, but open for collab))
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Problem with time , remade a quality up 2 times of later, so should draw it again
    qKT3Ja3.jpg

Guys, wait ur commentaries pls)
  • [NB] Mohsen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [NB] Mohsen polycounter lvl 3
    Maybe draw the weapon with more detail. Or will you be doing that in modelling? Also, I think you should change the color for he shoulders. I think It's better to not leave them white. Good luck! :)
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Of cause i'll give more detail for weapon)
    it isn't speakable :D
    I tried to make shoulders like after specular map) They aren't white its greeny-blue :O
    THx for reply, its important for me <3
  • hopgood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hopgood polycounter lvl 12
    Take into account the LOD limits when you are concepting out some of these items. While PA's LOD1 is 600 for her weapon, I doubt you could ever fit that silhouette into that limit. The weapon also looks extremely fragile, It should be sleek and sharp but some of the sections you have there are extremely thin.

Just browsing the items/concepts you have here they are over detailed. Think about the camera angle when you are designing some of these items. The concept sheets available in this forum give an approximation of the in game angle on them.

Think about the size of the model, the texture space you have available. Your Slark weapon is a perfect example of this. Sure the Render portrays all of the finer detail but in game, even at the zoomed in angles you provided, you lose so much of that detail. It just ends up a blurry mess.

Try to work on getting your shapes and silhouette to catch the eye, detail should come after that in my opinion.
  • FiNNicK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You right, and i'll trying to make firstly silhouette, but the main problem that i cannot make in limit. So hard for me, maybe need some expierience to be used to it)
    Thx for the message, it is easier to understand myself from other points of view)