Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

One sketch a day - crits and comments please!

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Kar-re polycounter lvl 6
Hi! My name is Kaspian and i'm gonna try and do the one sketch a day challenge.
My main goal is to improve in 3d-modeling and sculpting but specifically in zbrush. My workflow is a little bit un-smooth as it is right now but i'm thinking that'll improve with each sketch.

I'm going to start with a classic, sculpting heads.

Day 1: Skull
Today I sculped a skull with references to get a better look and feel for the anatomy of the head. I worked with this model for about 4-5 hours I think and IMO it's way too much time spent on such a "simple" model. I hope I'll work up my speed when i'll be working with zbrush so much.
I didn't touch dynamesh or such as I want to explore as many workflows as I can. So i started with creating a low-poly basemesh in max, then I continued into zbrush.
I'm not quite pleased with the result as it feels off in some kind of way. I hope i get a lot of critique and tips so i can improve.
PDjFFuI.png

g7F2R8k.jpg

Here is the reference i used.
hSVJwC7.jpg

Please excuse any grammar or other language-related faults as I'm swedish.
Thanks for reading!

Replies

• LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Nice skull.

I would've named the thread 'Sculpt a day' though... Not everyone will refer to the term Z-sketch. But everyone will understand what they're clicking if it says sculpt..

All the best!
  • susiesum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi! My name is Kaspian and i'm gonna try and do the one sketch a day challenge.
    My main goal is to improve in 3d-modeling and sculpting but specifically in zbrush. My workflow is a little bit un-smooth as it is right now but i'm thinking that'll improve with each sketch.

I'm going to start with a classic, sculpting heads.

Day 1: Skull
    Today I sculped a skull with references to get a better look and feel for the anatomy of the head. I worked with this model for about 4-5 hours I think and IMO it's way too much time spent on private label rights such a "simple" model. I hope I'll work up my speed when i'll be working with zbrush so much.
    I didn't touch dynamesh or such as I want to explore as many workflows as I can. So i started with creating a low-poly basemesh in max, then I continued into zbrush.
    I'm not quite pleased with the result as it feels off in some kind of way. I hope i get a lot of critique and tips so i can improve.

Very good skull. Good job. :)