Del
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Del polycounter lvl 9

Replies

• Del
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    [placeholder post for finished model so people won't have to skim through pages to find it at the end]
  • Del
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    Zh1yOiZ.jpg

Don't like the shapes of the bodysuit or front of the helmet enough to show yet. Will post more soon.
  • Vrav
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Sweet. If I could just watch one thread develop it would be this. Simple fashion inspirations + generic scifi noodling is a great way to demo mats. Is the bodysuit the vehicle?
  • Del
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks for the kind words Vrav. Appreciate it.

The bodysuit isn't the vehicle, I just hadn't really settled on a direction for the vehicle yet. I'll be pretty strapped for time if I make it too complex, so I wanted to go with a speeder with lots of sweeping contemporary curves. Nothing to greeble heavy. Direction:

So3Z9vo.jpg
  • Del
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    I wanted to incorporate some Marv Designer and really embrace fashion pattern cutting which is why I pushed for the upper body to be covered. I'm not entirely settled on the weight of the fabric yet, and might go back and take time to modify the seams and stitching curves to get something a little more dynamic in the back and tighter in the front but it'll do for now:
    4OVU4pk.jpg
  • Dave Jr
    Offline / Send Message
    Dave Jr polycounter lvl 9
    Looking very nice!!!

I too am making a sci-fi chick; will post my thread this weekend, may I ask - do you have any tutorials or suggestions for learning marv designer? Haven't played with it yet, but I find a lack of information in regard to character clothing.

Cheers :D and keep it up!!!
  • afisher
    Offline / Send Message
    afisher polycounter lvl 6
    looking great so far mate! Nice work with MD. Looking forward to seeing more :)
  • JacqueChoi
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Looks awesome!

:D

Almost makes me want to do something.
  • Del
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks guys.

Dave- The only tutorial of MD I've followed is the one on their website. Most of my time in it has just been trial and error, and sometimes reading online about why pattern cutters make the decisions they do about their sewing lines etc.

Helmet is mostly done, I'll show the body as soon as I'm happy with the direction.
    n1Nslo1.jpg

6vSTK3P.jpg