Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Futuristic? Sniper Rifle (WIP)

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
supaclueless polycounter lvl 12
Wanted to do this because the concept looked good and I wanted to take my time in the blockout phase so i can nail down the proportions first before doing anything else.

Once I fully nail down the blockout the high poly should be a breeze and I know that my blockout skills are abysmal. Will hopefully get this done eventually.

Critiques and comments would be GREATLY appreciated as I can already see a few parts that are not properly blocked out yet. Just wanted a different perspective from other people :)

Concept by Mourad

SciSnipe_Wip1.PNG
SciSnipe_Wip1.PNG

Replies

• supaclueless
    Offline / Send Message
    found it from a reference/concept collection thread here and found out who the artist was via image search
  • DeviatePanda
    Offline / Send Message
    DeviatePanda polycounter lvl 5
    Could you post a render with the wireframe please? Looks pretty cool so far, only thing I notice is the circle thingy (You might already know this) isn't connected properly.
    1487697_10202388184801031_1515090044829878085_o.jpg
  • supaclueless
    Offline / Send Message
    Managed to squeeze in a little work! still have to do alot of work on the various small yet long components.

Thanks for pointing out the grip size being too small, widened it a little bit, might have to scale it up abit more.

Also I dont really think the circle piece is really connected based on two other rifles the artist made but I moved it a little closer as it was offset a bit. Still have to finish up that spot since it doesnt look that great in FPS view.

As usual comments and critiques are welcome!

SciSnipe_Wip2.png
  • JoshWilkinson
    Offline / Send Message
    JoshWilkinson polycounter lvl 9
    Hey man I'm digging this model and am absolutely in love with the concept. Right now I think I'd recommend putting more tris in the rear of the scope mount; only the rear. It'll round out the silhouette when it gets shoved up into the camera.
  • supaclueless
    Offline / Send Message
    well as of right now the mesh is just in a dirty state, put I definitely plan to put more tris where necessary. I don't know yet if I wish to texture and bake this after i'm done, I would like to but I'm not sure how I should approach the overall texture for this piece
  • supaclueless
    Offline / Send Message
    A light update on this to show i'm not dead! Random days of intense heat do not help

might start the high-poly soonish

SciSnipe_Wip3.png
  • supaclueless
    Offline / Send Message
    Got stuck in fiddling too much around stuff, decided to progress through the high-poly.

I'm working waaay too slow on this at the same time i'm slacking off too much.

Noticed a few parts that neeed abit of tweaking. Getting down the final proportions is a nightmare for me :\

SciSnipe_Wip4.PNG
  • Suba
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Got stuck in fiddling too much around stuff, decided to progress through the high-poly.

I'm working waaay too slow on this at the same time i'm slacking off too much.

Noticed a few parts that neeed abit of tweaking. Getting down the final proportions is a nightmare for me :\

SciSnipe_Wip4.PNG
    Happens to the best of us man ! Haha.

I'm a noob in weapon design but I gotta say it is coming along really great and the last shot you posted is lovely. This is solid work.
  • supaclueless
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a minor update to show i'm not dead. Hopefully will get more progress done.

Have to fix a few things on the scope and the back-stock, not fully done with those yet
    SciSnipe_Wip5.png