Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bunker Environment

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Whalebones polycounter lvl 11
I just can't help myself, I've gone and started another project along with my swords project. Oh well, I need a bit of variation!

Here's my new project, it's an environment I found looking through some MNC posts.

PGFhjHM.jpg

Here's my blockout at the moment.

cvged5R.jpg

Any tips and constructive criticisms are more than welcome. I'm now going to start working on doing some placeholder props, once that's done I'll post the progress. I might even do a few updates as I do a decent amount of the placeholder props.

Replies

• Xsim1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xsim1 polycounter lvl 4
    This is a cool concept! : ) Good luck with that.

I would suggest to try to place your camera with the right angle and the right FOV to ensure that your proportions are good : )
  • MetalHeartGR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This concept was also also suggested for next month's noob challenge. Good luck on this!
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    yea I dig that concept. Make sure to get little details like the gas mask on the floor...that stuff just adds a little story to the whole scene and really adds interest.
  • JamesArk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesArk polycounter lvl 10
    Saw this one in the MNC, if it gets picked you might have some company soon :)

@Xsim1 makes a great point about getting the camera correct right off the bat. Even if you don't want it for the final angle it will really help during the process to keep things looking accurate.

Looking ahead, I think it would be awesome if you can nail the colour scheme/lighting.
  • Whalebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Xsim1 - Thanks =] How do I go about doing that with my current scene?

@MetalHeartGR - Cheers dude =]

@Slosh - I'll make sure to get the little details right, don't worry =] The gas mask will be interesting I think.

@JamesArk - Yeah I'll definitely sort the camera angle out, just need to know how to do it with my current scene =] As for colour, I'll take a lot, if not all the colours from reference (Y) and the lighting should be fun, never really done a proper scene with decent lighting haha
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Nice start. I need to ask though...

This is obviously gonna get chosen for the MNC like tomorrow... So why make this thread rather than do it along with everyone else by participating in the MNC? :/
  • Xsim1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xsim1 polycounter lvl 4
    @Xsim1 - Thanks =] How do I go about doing that with my current scene?

Well you just have to start by adding a camera ( Ctr+C in Perspective Viewport ) then move it and rotate it until you get the same view as the one on the concept. You can also adjust the FOV is necessary. It's only then that you will be able to be 100% sure that your proportions and emplacements are right! : )
  • Whalebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't realise it was a strong candidate just typed in monthly noob challenge into Google and really liked this one. But if it's likely to get chosen I might as well join in haha I'll still keep this thread though :)
  • Whalebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Xsim1 - ahh that simple huh? Thought there was like a technical way to get it spot on? I'll do that though, thanks :)
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Yeah, this will probably be chosen. go check out the thread. it's a few under this one.

Yeah man, I would've just waited to see and then made a thread if it wasn't chosen or added these kind of images to the MNC thread if it was..