Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KeithC polycounter lvl 7
    Never saw that coming. :icon15:
  • Makkon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Makkon polycounter
    Pretty much why I've never been a big fan of this business model.
  • FullSynch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FullSynch polycounter lvl 11
    Happens all too often. I remember one day I was ready to pump out work the entire day, but Adobe authentication servers were down and they kept pushing back the estimated down time. Entire day wasted. Why do I even need authentication?? I'm on my payed for CC account!
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    Bit bigger than i expected...

From the comment's;
    The problem is even more extensive than described. The Adobe FormsCentral system is down, too. We have several business-critical online forms that we developed, manage and maintain in the cloud-based Adobe FormsCentral system. They are linked through our websites and accessed by our clients/users nationwide for functions crucial to our business. For nearly 24 hours, now, we are not only unable to log in and access all of our forms, but all of our users are encountering a dead end when they click the links to utilize the forms. Virtually all of the use of those forms is in the form of first-contact with clients and recruits who can easily opt to go to our competitors when they find they are unable to submit quote requests, pre-qualifications, and applications. All Adobe seems able to do is Tweet a "Stay Tuned" update as if a Saturday morning cartoon has been interrupted for 45 seconds. Adobe, your customers/users/subscribers consider this matter worthy of more substance than "Stay Tuned" ...

This seems the nastier part;
    The lesser known web site hosting platform, Adobe Business Catalyst, is also inaccessible. Two of my nonprofit clients are hosted there. What we/they can't do: administer web mail, update site content, run email fundraising campaigns, access ecommerce and online store products and customers. Creative Cloud, of which BC is a part, has well over 1M subscribers. Let's see if my Adobe ID is active for my monthly subscription payments debited on the 15th each month. Any bets?
  • SnowInChina
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SnowInChina interpolator
    yay

cloud based software HOO !
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Where was all the crowing about how awesome it was in the months preceding this where everything worked perfectly and flawlessly? Oh, right... That doesn't prove anyone's point.

Besides that, is it really down? My Photoshop CC starts up just fine...
  • MagicSugar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MagicSugar polycounter lvl 10
    @WarrenM
    Users who had already downloaded the software and were using it offline were not affected.
    But those trying to download new software and features, or using the service's cloud storage function to save and share files online, had difficulty.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27439189
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ahh, that explains it. Storing files in their cloud never seemed useful to me... I already have DropBox and Google Drive. :P
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    It seems like their font library thing (which seems to be online only) was affected too. From trying it out a little while ago on the job, it was already terrible to begin with anyway - bad previewing options, and slow loading.

Yay to the power of the cloud !
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is sort of like when people crow victory from the rooftops whenever a Mac has a hardware failure. Stuff breaks. Nothing is perfect. Expect problems from time to time. :)
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 18
    WarrenM wrote: »
    Besides that, is it really down? My Photoshop CC starts up just fine...

^ exactly.

what seems to be the problem ?

i been able to run all adobe tools regardless of this issue. you dont really need to launch the CC manager to launch Photoshop. so why the fuss ?

* nvm *

i read the other post about cloud server. i never trust cloud server for any professional work. always save stuff locally run locally.