Home Technical Talk

Zbrush - Polypaint not functioning properly.

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Kettun polycounter lvl 10
So, I've been using Zbrush for a few months now, and I thought I had my head wrapped around it.

but. as of today I've run into the most infuriating bug/own incompetence so far.
What's happening is that I can sculpt everything just fine, everything works and is dozey, I sculpted, twisted, broke and mashed parts of the model like there's no tommorow.

Now, it's time to begin polypainting, however. the brushes do nothing.

I can change the material, fill the object, change the color. Hell, I can even mask a part, and use fill object to change only the unmasked bits of color, so I know polypaint is working, sort of?

But It's not recording anything I do with the brush, even though I am very clearly on either MRGB, RGB, or M channels with a 100% RGB intensity.

I made sure there aren't any masks, layers or any such things on the model (though there were layers in the past, but I baked those)

now the real question comes in...

What do I do to be able to polypaint my model?

when I import or create other objects I can immediately start, but this one is just not wanting to work with me.

Thank you for any possible advice in advance.

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Check that Draw: Channels: R/G/B are all turned on. Having them off can result in similar behaviour.
  • Kettun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kettun polycounter lvl 10
    Aha! I fixed it, Somehow, there was a texture on it? and that texture was "on" regardless of me having completely deleted the UV's on the model, and it just contained white. whelp.

So what I had to do to fix it... was create a new set of uv's, then create a new texture (Base material color in this case) and then do "Polypaint from texture" before deleting the uv's.... the most... bizarre thing. but it worked.

Didn't know about the Channels: R/G/B seperately. that's pretty neat.

here's the result for now;
    vYx0MIF.png