Home Dota 2

First full dota 2 set for bristleback. Would love any feedback and have a question

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=236248172

I've got a sharpened stick theme going with my set and I was wondering if anyone knows a way change the quills in his quill attack I'd love to know how cause they'd look awesome as sharp sticks shooting out. Anyway, let me know what you think of my first go at it!

Replies

• Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    the idea is VERY good. sadly the texture of the backslot looks blured, i think u have to improve the uv layout there anyhow.
    the weapon works fine.
    the headslot is kinda off, there is allover no reason why he should have one of that spikes going through his own head - i would redesign it.
    arms and neck are nothing special, but they are ok.

just my opinion.

greez :)
  • nathanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback man!
  • danjohncox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danjohncox polycounter lvl 7
    interesting set. Real nice promo image and real nice execution on the stick through the eye, in material, design and integration. However, that seems like a killing blow (having a huge stick through the brain) and more importantly, it makes me super uncomfortable honestly. Just looks REALLY painful and gruesome. that's a testament to your execution but maybe not the reaction you want to provoke . But thats purely personal for me :P

As fort the back it's falling flat from a design point of view. There isn't much ryhthm to the direction of the spikes and the spikes themselves dont seem to be visually interesting, they feel too much like generic wood spikes stuck into grey something. Both elements dont draw the eye enough. This is a decent example of more "designed" wood spikes. Yours is similar but in game they lack any of the needed detail.
    horn_spike.jpg
    Also think about directions in the spikes and how those can lead the eye. Right now they're too random, try to organize them more to create a specific silhouette.

As for the other elements, execution seems decent but again, design I think runs into more trouble. The weapon doesn't seem as deadly or inter sting as it could with just being a sharpened log. It suits the idea but could use some exaguration to feel more deadly or "cool"(i hate to use that term but its the best I can come up with right now).

Either way nice first full set!
  • nathanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the detailed breakdown! That reference art is perfect. Dang. Looking at something that gorgeous I wonder if I should try and fix whatI have or take what I've learned at start over with something else. :) Either way, thanks a lot! That helps a lot.