Home General Discussion

Legacy of Kain - Nosgoth

Replies

• Snacuum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snacuum polycounter lvl 9
    The reason LoK having no closure is such a pain for me is because it's one of the most well done time-twisting stories I know. Everything that happens in it has a purpose and a place in time with little amounts of paradox. The greater arc of Kain's mission to defy fate was greatly intertwined with the main themes of the series as well as all the underlying plot-lines. His failure at the end definitely serves as an even bigger cliffhanger than closure even though so many questions get answered.

Of course there are still many questions. Most of them about the Elder God. He was definitely manipulating everything behind the scenes, we never find out why he was directly controlling the pillars to begin with.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Two-Listen! I think there are sign ups for the closed beta up right now! Sign up! If you don't get in pm and I will ask our lead designer to send out an e-mail to Squeenix!
  • SaboR1996
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
    HOW HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS. LEGACY OF KAIN IS THE BALLS. Shit, I haven't played this in such a long time, loved the originals!
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Got a beta key today, can't wait to play!
  • Hyderette
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was a huge fan of the Soul Reaver and Legacy of Kain series. This game just does not appeal to me though.
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Took some time to play the beta tonight, thought it was great. Navigating the menus took some getting used to, but gameplay was hella fun. Got my ass handed to me for a bit at first, but was pleased to find that not continuously the case.

I was REALLY surprised at how well everything was balanced. I sort of expected playing vampires to be so much more fun than playing humans, thought I'd wind up with an "Aw maaaan" kind of attitude anytime I had to play on the human side but was pleased to discover I enjoyed them just as much as the vamps.

Loving it so far. :)
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man!! I hope you are enjoying the art we are doing! Yea..the game is a lot different than anyone has expected it to be. Being a human is fun because of how stressful and tense and sometimes scary it can be. I love the feeling of being in a corner with my 3 human companions all looking at the sky and seeing vampires leap from building to building for a half a second...knowing they are coming. Or you know they are above you and are just waiting to strike. It's good times.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally got a chance to play and I must say, I'm quite impressed. This is by far one of the most fun games I've played in a while, I just love the fact that it is entirely skill based. Personally I prefer playing as the humans but both factions are incredibly fun to play as.

Great job to anybody who worked on it, can't wait until release!
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn I'm kinda getting hooked. Really look forward to unlocking more skills.

ErichWK: I think the art is awesome. The world really gives off a nice vibe, and I turned off my motion blur to be able to see things more crisply. To be honest my main gripe concerning the art is that I don't get to see as much of it as I'd like to, because I'm trying to focus on the vampires looking to tear me a new one. I did not, for example, notice the burning castle/BG in Sommerdamm (pretty sure it's in Sommerdamm) until I'd played the map a few times.

On that same token though, I sort of like that about the game, you get so involved in the battle that only after you've sort of got a hold on things do you stand back and realize what sort of town you're in, or what's going on around you.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Man I wanna play this now, looks awesome!
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen wrote: »
    Damn I'm kinda getting hooked. Really look forward to unlocking more skills.

ErichWK: I think the art is awesome. The world really gives off a nice vibe, and I turned off my motion blur to be able to see things more crisply. To be honest my main gripe concerning the art is that I don't get to see as much of it as I'd like to, because I'm trying to focus on the vampires looking to tear me a new one. I did not, for example, notice the burning castle/BG in Sommerdamm (pretty sure it's in Sommerdamm) until I'd played the map a few times.

On that same token though, I sort of like that about the game, you get so involved in the battle that only after you've sort of got a hold on things do you stand back and realize what sort of town you're in, or what's going on around you.
    That burning castle was insane the first time I noticed it. Personally I love all the art in this game, although it seems a bit strange that the humans have a sword/knife on their backs that can't be used.

I think everything is pretty great although it'd be nice to have some more visual feedback such as some dust/dirt flying around when you do a combat roll or maybe some sparks flying if you shoot a wall. I'd also hope that an animation will be added whenever a human uses a healing shrine/post as currently they just stand there.

It would also be cool if there was some more visual feedback when hitting an enemy. The vampires' execution is brutal and awesome but it'd be cool if humans got some kind of brutal result from headshotting and killing a vampire like something out of Gears of War.

I can't wait to see what other classes/weapons/maps will be added to this game. I hope it is profitable for the devs because this is by far one of the best, if not the best F2P game I've ever played. It just proves that F2P games can be just as balanced, if not more balanced than regular retail games.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ha! Thanks guys!! I made that Castle in Sommerdam!! I actually did all the out of bounds. The Cliffs and textures, the giant wall, and the castle... Our FX Artist really helped sell it with the waterfalls, mortors, and raging fires..but I was super stoked on how it came out. It's all just 8 or so different zbrushed androgynous buildings that I kit-bashed together to make it all look more complicated than it really is. Rocks are hard to make. Anthony Vacarro, teach me how to model.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Erich - great job on this. Been playing the Beta and its really addictive, have played a few arena PVP games but they haven't been as fun as this :)

There's a lot of team play in the sense that people don't usually go charging in solo, especially as humans I find people tend to band together quite well. I like that it has a Left4dead vibe to the gameplay, really awesome stuff!
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We just released a new class!! He is like the vampire version of the spy, but way more gross.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmJso8Xoz0Y"]Nosgoth: Deceiver Gameplay - YouTube[/ame]

Also..we have one environment art position available. 0_0 hurry and apply, bros!
  • Snight
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snight polycounter lvl 16
    The game is looking killer, Erich. thanks to you guys for showing it to me the other day. Great meeting ya dude!
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad to see a new class is available, I'll try it ASAP as I really love this game. Is there a final count on the amount of classes that will be available when the game is finished?
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks dudes! I love you all. Especially gou Pac. As far as class numbers. .. we announced a new human class called prophet and have more vampires and humans in the works that are the coolest and most interesting of all, and some weird shit I've never seen in a game like this
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 13
    I played this and the deceiver class made me lol hard. Lot of ways to mess with people.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    I hadn't even heard abou this. Looks fun!
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PLAY IT!! here are some in game screen shots of our next human class, the prophet. She is sick. She like does a bunch of spells and hexes and other weird things and dual wields pistols. Also is freaky looking. One thing I like about our game is that the women aren't over sexualized nymphos, but kinda grody and brutally tough dames.

highres-screenshot-00008.jpg
    highres-screenshot-00002.jpg
    highres-screenshot-00006.jpg
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That character looks really badass, can't wait to play!
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a few beta keys if anyone wants some.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MMOHuts is also supposedly giving some Nosgoth keys away within the next few days in case anybody wanted one. Nosgoth is a great game although I wish there were more maps, I hope there are some new ones in the works right now!
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    There is! I think we announced the next one..I think...
  • ScottP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ScottP polycounter lvl 10
    I would like to give the game a go Erich, if you had a few keys to give out?

Cheers!
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    I'll take a poke at one of those keys if you got the spare.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nosgoth Veteran Pack is on sale for $7 at Green Man Gaming right now. It includes a beta key, 4,000 Runestones ($20 premium currency), and an in-game badge. It's definitely worth it in my opinion, because the game is great!
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also the Prophet class is released today!
    highres-screenshot-00011.jpg?1401356713
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro wrote: »
    Nosgoth Veteran Pack is on sale for $7 at Green Man Gaming right now. It includes a beta key, 4,000 Runestones ($20 premium currency), and an in-game badge. It's definitely worth it in my opinion, because the game is great!

Just picked this up!

I will note that upon redeeming the code in Steam, I got a 66% off coupon applicable to certain Square Enix games (Deus Ex: Human Evolution - Director's Cut, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution, and Thief). :)
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In case anybody doesn't have a key but wants one, MMOHuts is currently giving a bunch away.
    Keys can be redeemed on the side here.

Also, here's a free key since I already have the game.

DAXUMA-257-JOVUFO-021
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    New Trailer!
    www.youtube.com/embed/PG5gCsWBQ_M

Also this..

krzgc4b.png

edit: Why is it that no videos embed on tuesdays.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Glad to see how much content is being pumped out for this game, the new map that just got released is amazing. It's beautiful from an art perspective, but it was clearly designed with competitive play in mind and works very well in that aspect as well.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man! We joke around here that it's kind of a lazer-tag course cause the Razielem are a bunch of weirdos for their architecture. But I did a majority of the textures for the new Vampire map, and a few of the busts/statues. ie:The giant 3 headed ceiling thing in the middle). One other artist did all the modeling, and a third would come in to Zbrush the cloth, some modeling, and lit it all.
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 13
    The Fane is really cool. Has a totally different feel than any of the human maps.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GUYS! WE ARE IN OPEN BETA TOMORROW!!

nosgoth006.png?1417534733

It will be on steam. I am gonna suck all your bloods as a sentinel.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Congratulations on the release, the game is great fun and the art is phenomenal, although I really love the environments over everything else!
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Nosgoth Art dump/book please.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh i have made like 50 tile able textures. As soon as the next map is done I am doing an insane art dump. I hope you like bricks and rocks