Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Vampire Hunter D Character

Lotos
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Lotos polycounter lvl 4
In an effort to post here more and get up with the big leagues,I'm going to post character fanart I've been working on. I know its nowhere near complete, but I'd like to get some critiques from the amazing artists on here. I'm trying to just get a nice sculpted, and textured piece, to be rendered and then post processed. Any advice would be awesome, and I know I'll grow from any knowledge you guys can share.

A bit of back story, here's the wiki on the character's series,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_Hunter_D, and I decided to do my own interpretation of him.

Here's the sort of mood concept image and front and back I came up with for him
gWdfhhr.jpg
15OmtzI.jpg

Here is the turnaround for critique
jurIdro.jpg
C0h6lSq.jpg

Looking forward to some rad critiques! :poly136:

Replies

• luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    to be honest, to me it just looks like your sculpting on your clothes is muddy. But I'm also glad people haven't forgotten about D ^_^
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    His lower half looks a little weird to me. Hide his arms and check his lower back down to his thighs. His feet are pretty, pretty long as well. Really like what you did with his hair though. Have fun sculpting his costume. Hope you know what 's the materials. Leathers, cloths, tightsuit or w/e... Hard to tell right now.
  • Lotos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lotos polycounter lvl 4
    Luge: I'm guessing you mean I should have cleaner edges on my sculpt, can you show me some examples of what you mean? I'd love to see them.

PyrZern: I'll go ahead and check my anatomy around that area. In terms of materials, what are some key elements I should focus on?

Would anybody happen to know how I should handle the cape?
  • luge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    luge polycounter lvl 4
    well, I would show some examples and do a quick paint over, but I'm a little busy, so I'll try to give you the best description EVAR!

Below the collar, the forms are very muddy and just bulbous. with no real defining lines and it is all smoothed. where as when it changes direction with the wrinkles and curves, it should have some crispness to the edges instead of looking like it was just inflated. But to be honest, those kinds of fixes are going to come more when you are refining it, right now it still seems like you are working on blocking out some things.

for the cape, I have no idea, sorry :/