Home Dota 2

Dragon Knight Sword

hamstocks
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
hamstocks polycounter lvl 5
Hello Polycount community. I'm working on another item, this time a sword for dragon knight. I had this concept drawn a while ago, and I thought it was time to start modeling it. Below is a picture of the concept, as well as a rough, high-poly model.

CmpX6lG.png

xRTf3OZ.png

As always, criticism and suggestions are welcome. Stay posted if you want, because I'm going to be updating the thread as I progress on this sword.

Thank you.

Replies

• hamstocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to post a quick pic of the handle. I just figured out a way to make a wrapped handle, and I think it looks pretty good.

lqTdTRa.png

Anyway, just a quick update, hope you like the sword so far. I'm going to begin the low poly soon, so stay tuned for that.

Thanks
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I wondered how did you do the wrapped handle?
  • hamstocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the reply man! Well first off, I'm using Blender... just so you know. I made a circle, extruded it downward, and applied a shrinkwrap modifier to it, to wrap it to the handle. And to get the rotated ones, I did the same thing, but in edit mode, I rotated the whole shape. Then the modifier does the rest, and rotates it around the handle. I just repeated that process for each wrap.

Then I applied a subsurf modifier, and smooth shading, and that's it.
    I'm not sure if I explained it well enough, but I hope it helped a little :)
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I use blendet as well but ı didnt know about it. Thx!
    And do you use blender for scuplting as well?
  • hamstocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As for the high poly, I was thinking about sculpting, but I chose to just use subsurf modifiers and edge loops to get the details. And yes, I did use blender